Chapter 3

I was up at six. Unable to sleep any longer. Almost immediately, my eyes spotted our suit cases on the floor. Unpacking seemed, to me, better than letting dark thoughts creep back into my mind.

As I dragged my cases up stairs, noticed the breath taking view. You could clearly see several streets, massive houses' and then fields and fields of different shades of green before merging into ocean.

It was beautiful; the sun rose slowly above the blue water as the occasional wave crashed out deep.
Gradually, I drew myself away from the view and started to find my room. Which wasn't hard considering there was only three rooms.

My room full of light, clearly showing the same outstanding view of the sea.
The bay window was on the left side -close have to where our house becomes attached to next door. On the other side of the room is a built in closet which I have already fallen in love with. It had a pole in the middle for hanging may best things and a three draws at each side. There was at least six cupboards for other clothes.
I looked around, vaguely picturing where everything's going to go. As tempting as it was, I dragged my self away to unpack my clothes.

I really wasn't that stylish. Most of my tops had band names on them, black and white, or checked. Occasionally I went for a bold blue or popping pink. I liked my colours as much as my rock bands. I wasn't sure if I was hippie or emo most days.

It was the same with leg wear; it was usually leggings, jeans or shorts. I hardly ever wore shorts - it was normally so cold, and I had things to hide, that wasn't going to change.

I was definitely not one to wear a dress or a skit or anything girly.

I knew it was early but I quickly opened the window and slipped on my loose black, crop top tee and black and white checked trousers. I let my hair out of its braid and shook it leaving it to go into its natural brunette curls.
And of course to finish the trash look, my beanie.

Now for clothes sorting...

Beep! Beep!

What the Fuck?

Beep Beep!

The high pitched, irritating noise continued beeping. The only thing I could do was result to my usual irrational state as it repeated over and over.

Beep beep!

I sighed and walked to the wall closest to next door before I whacked it.

Beep beep!

I hit it twice.

Beep beep!

Three times.

Beep beep!

Four times!

I paused waiting for the noise but silence took over. Nothing. All I heard was a click.

"When your done banging on my wall, I would love to go back to sleep." It was a guy's voice - I could tell. It was deep and cocky, like they all are.

I peered out of the window, "Just turn the damn alarm clock off!"

He was leaning against his window, his eyes were brown like his hair. The type of deep chocolaty brown that could hypnotise you.
His hair was slightly curly and had that no effort messy hair look. He was hot, I had to admit.

"Ah, an English girl." He smirked. "Cute accent, gorgeous."

I didn't take much to his comment and instead decided I was going to stay far from him. He was the sort of popular play boy, who got into fights and thought he can have anything wanted.
Most of my attraction towards him fell immediately.

"Alarm clock." I reminded, rolling my eyes.

"Alright, doll, just one thing." He smirked.

"What?" I groaned.

"Tell me your name." He winked. His eyes weren't the only ones that would play tricks. Mine could roll and they tended to show this act off a lot.

"Ashley Wood, now you can turn that bloody thing off."

"Nick Hunter." He ignored me. "Isn't 'Ashley' a guys name?"

"You tell me Hunter, your the one calling me a doll,"

"You have a lot of sarcasm for this time in the morning."
I raised my eyebrows at this jerk. Nick wiggled his in reply.
I closed the window door and prepared for sorting my clothes out.

Bang.

Bang bang.

I opened the window with a heavy sigh.

"Miss me?!" He said, enthusiastically,  leaning out of the window.

"Nope!" I replied in the same chirpy voice he put on.

"Come on you want a peace of this."
Egotistical boy.

"No one does." I reported, climbing back in.
I pop my head back out, his eyes look hopeful but I wasn't going to be one of his fan girls, despite his looks.

"Bye!"

__________________________

Ok this chapter was a bit longer than the others but I hoped you liked it! If you haven't guessed the two main characters have been introduced. But what'll happen next?