Simply hard shortened version of chapter 1

The day you come back to school is meant to be the day where you can show everyone how you've changed, or what your true identity, or if your emo, goth or hippie.
Or it could be a day where you come into school and revive usual hate and a bit more just because a human brick wall walked into you.
A day that changed my life forever.

Slamming the car door, I stepped into the piercing cold wind that tore me from the warm, traveling vehicle, that I call my car. It had been a whole painful year since I'd been here, so, being my forgetful self, I had most likely forgotten my way around the hellish school. What a day this was going to be, yet I did not know it until weeks later.

I'd left in my second year of High school so I wasn't expecting anyone to run up to me and shout 'Oh my god, Ella! I've missed you!'. I wasn't even expecting anything from my old teachers.

I knew one person and that was it. According to what my dad had told me he was my best friend and I left with out telling him. I felt guilty, and still do, but I couldn't help it. It wasn't my fault I had to leave. I didn't even know myself. Maybe I could find him and apologise? Though that would be hard when I couldn't remember any name or face. I did not even a single memory. Even to this day, June 2019.

To be honest I was petrified, and I still recall the fear.
I only had one year here, if I ruined it now that was going to be it. I could change my thoughts to forget it but I could never really rid of it.

I jammed my earphones into my ears and hit play as my feet slowly lead me to what I remembered to be the entrance.
I scampered through the first few corridors before stopping and trying to collect my bearings. Where the fuck was I?

"Shit," I muttered to myself, as I turned to take a step left.

No it's right.

My mind instinctively told me. I took my step right.

No left.

I took a repeated step left.

No turn around you've gone completely wrong!

I whipped around and let my feet scurry along the dirty lino floor. That was until I hit something. Now I could tell you it was a brick wall, but then that would be a lie - despite how hard and tall it was and how much I then prayed for it to be one. The wall was actually more like a human sky scraper.

I sighed in aggravation as my binder cascaded it's self across the floor.

I began to pick up the work and revision sheets before I realised it wasn't just my work covered in doodles  that had been scattered across the hall way.

"For fuck sake!" The human skyscraper growled. He muttered some more incoherent words as he bent down to collect his folder that, unfortunately just like mine, had not stayed intact.

I stood up to face the skyscraper, to find he was rather human and gorgeous. He had brunette messy hair and cold grey eyes. His jaw line was perfectly chiseled as if a craftsmen had spent days on shaping and carving it to completion.
There was something about his eyes that looked familiar but I ignored it and bent down to help him pick his books up.

I didn't recognise his voice or his face, at all, he just had these eyes that felt homey to me.
People began to turn to look at me, smirks taking over their faces. They were expecting a fight but I didn't going to give them one.
"I'm sorry," I muttered.

I truly believe those were the words that started this story. Thinking about it, I wasn't sure if he would had forgiven me, even now, if I didn't mutter those two simple words.

His eyes caught mine and stared curiously. "You don't have to help," he said quietly, a bit confused.

"It's fine," I smiled, kindly.
I finished with picking some of  his work up and handed it to him with the same smile on my face. I didn't want to make enemies.

What was the point in fighting someone I barely knew when the average life span was seventy-five years? That's seventy-five summers to have sporty fun, seventy-five Autumns to kick leaves, seventy-five springs to eat chocolate eggs and just seventy-five winters to have a snow ball fight and make others happy at Christmas. Life was short.
But now I realise life was a lot shorter than I expected.

I turned to leave but the sky scrapers hand grabbed my wrist. I turned to look back at him. He looked in shock. He took a deep breath and smiled back, "Thanks," and he realised my hand and let me go after looking me up and down once more.