Chapter 12

"Hi sweetie." Mum walks into my room

"Still not feeling good?" I nodded my head in answer, not having much of an idea what was happening.

"Is there any paracetamol?" I asked, hoping it would die my thumping headache down a bit.

"Yep," She pulled out a packet and pop one out and leaves it on the bed side table with the water. "Maybe you should stay home, I have lots of work to do at the bank so I'm not going to be home for a long time. Ok?" She said feeling my forehead.

I watched as Mum walked out my room and quickly checked the time on my phone to see a text from Nick.

Window - N

Sighing, I hulled myself to the window, popping my head out.

"You look like shit." Nick commented.

"You don't look too good yourself, Sullivan." I teased, all I wanted was to crawl back to bed.

"Yeah, I don't think I'm ever going to drink again." He scoffed.

"I bet you that will last a day at the most." We laughed lightly.

We both knew the other had something to hide. But we made a deal to never speak of it.

"I told your Mum you fell ill at Nicole's house, by the way." He informed me.

I sighed, smiling at him. "Thank you,"

Silence fell quickly from then. It was awkward, to say at the least. Nick started to stare into his garden, clearly thinking about something. All I wanted to do was break the silence but nothing I could have said sprung to mind.

"Are you going to tell me about Alec?" Nick said after a while.

Looking down, I realised that the question would have cropped up eventually. "We agreed not to speak of it." I said plainly.

"I know, but Alec's the kind of guy you would only know if you were in some serious shit." He explained. "You don't seem the kind of person to be in any sort of shit."

I scoffed. Humans were blind.
"Alright, I understand." He sighed.
"Can I come over?"

"I'm not telling you an-"

"I know." he replied quickly. "But there's no way I'm going into school today with a hang over like this, and you don't seem to be going in either. Which is terrible really considering it's your second day."

I sighed. "I know. But all I'm going to do is sleep. And who ever threw that party first day back was stupid!"

"Yeah but it's our last year so who cares? Plus all I'm going to do today is watch a movie or four, so I'm coming round."

Moments later, I open the front door to Nick. He smiled at me and ruffled my hair. "Morning, gorgeous."

I rolled my eyes, walking away from the door and heading to the lounges Sonia speakers.

"Going to put on One Direction Wood?" He joked.

"Ha ha." I groaned as my playlist starts to play. I threw myself onto the sofa.

"Hu, your house looks different to mine." He comments as he walked around.

"That's because I've been living here for a week now and your house is a completely different house to mine, even though they are, unfortunately, attached." He nodded realising I was right, before noticing that I was laying on the sofa.

"Uh-uh. Kitty, I got a whole day planned and it doesn't start with you laying on the couch." He grabbed my arm and pulled me up so I stood face to face with him.
"Well you go have that big day and I'll just watch a couple of movies."

"That is my day. Movies. Now what shall we start with?" He turns my music off in the middle of Red Hot Chili Peppers.
"Hey! I liked that song!"

"The lyrics were weird," he shrugged.

My mouth gaped wide open. "How dare you! The Chilies are amazing, just accept the fact that the lyrics make no sense and appreciate that they are fucking awesome!"

Nick simply chuckled, sitting on the other side of my sofa, flicking through my Netflix. He swung his legs onto my lap but I slid them back off. Unfortunately, they found their way back, shortly after.

I gave up.

~*~~*~

After a few movies, I fetched some snacks for lunch, from the kitchen. Nick wanted to cook soup but I was afraid he'd burn it. Nick followed me and noticed my old guitar in the corner of the lounge. "Ooh what's this?"

He picked it up by its neck and pulled a chair out begun to pretend to play. I smiled in amusement.

"Is it even tuned?" I took it from him to check.

I play a quick blues riff to check:
"Yep." I handed it back.

"You know, I used to play." Nick said.

"Yeah?" I chuckled, not believing him. "Go on then."

He begun to position his fingers weirdly. I threw my head back laughing. "Laughing is rude, cupcake." He rolled his eyes.

"Sorry." I held my breath in attempt to stop laughing.

"Come help me then!" He instructed and I followed.

I walked round behind him. "What song do you wanna play?"

"Err, do you know: Times Like These - Foo Fighters?" He asked. I smiled.

"Yeah it was the last song I learnt." I positioned his fingers on the correct place and begun to teach him.