Chapter 5

•*• Nick Hunter•*•

Years ago, my Mum told me I needed to change life up at bit to get out of the continuous cycle that some call life.

I'm still doing that. 'Switching it up'. I just can't sit and wait because I come to overthinking it. So why not throw a bucket of water over my new next door neighbour? Change it up.
Kill two birds with one stone.

I honestly can't remember my thoughts when I did it. Let alone if I was thinking at all.
She turned around. Her face soaked in fury. Her hair dripped onto the bone dry sand and her swimming costume clung to her skin. Shit.

I turned to run before realising she hadn't stepped a foot in my direction.
No. She and Noah had picked up two buckets. Both full to the brim.

I looked around for an escape. But all I could see was strangers eyes on me, picking apart every small thing I did.
While in my daze, Noah began heading towards me, bucket in hand and Ash following behind.

Noah pulled the bucket back. I closed my eyes and let the cold liquid hit me.

I looked up to see the two throwing their arms around each other in victory. I guess I lost the game and the rest of my dignity.

~*~~*~

_^Ashely Wood^_

It may have been the next day, but all I could think about was the beach.
Mainly how I was going to get my fin back from bloody Hunter, but also blonde haired and blue eyed Noah.

He was cute - I had to admit. And funny. And just straight up attractive. He was everything you would hope for in a classic 'surfer dude'.

A smile played on my lips as I thought about him.
"Ash! Time to go, honey!"

Soon enough, the smile vanished. The loud call of my mums voice only meant one thing today. Time to meet our new neighbours.

Mum insisted they'd be sweet and I would have nothing to worry about, over coffèe this morning; I knew that wasn't true, of course. I had met my so called 'sweet' neighbour and he was far from the word.

All I could do was dread his arrogance and I hulled my self down the stairs, pointlessly dreaming of him handing my fin back so my board would be back to normal.

~*~~*~

Sure the house is only next door but it took us a while to actually get out the house.
Nearly everything was unpacked. The furniture was in place, kitchen things away in their correct, new draws just like the clothes upstairs. But there still was a lot to do.

Ding!

Mum rung the bell and with in seconds a tall brunette women answered the door. You could she was tell Nick's Mother. She had the same slight curly hair and gorgeous hazel eyes. Her hair brushed her shoulders and fell a little further. A hand clutched hers.
By her side, hanging on her hand, was a girl with plaited pigtails at either side of her head. Her little curls were black and bouncy, she looked around nine. Her eyes were big and blue like mine.

She looked different to her Mum and brother but I guess that was genetics. She smiled at me, showing a missing tooth.

"Hi! I'm so glad you could come!" The women's voice sounded excitable.

"Hello, I'm Marie, this is Ashley," she points to her self then me, and finally to me. "I believe Ashely should be the same age as your oldest."

"My names Hazel." Hazel beamed and squeezed the girl hand, almost like she was telling her to introduce herself.

"I'm Katie and I'm nine." Katie introduced, proudly.

"Nick should be down in a bit. Come in!" Hazel moved out the door way and gestures her arm.
I quickly smile and rush in after my mum.

We are lead into the lounge. There was two brown leather sofas and a coffee table in the middle. A huge Tv hung from the wall and DVDs set out on a shelf next to it. I have to say they don't have a bad taste in DVDs. It stacked with a lot of action and Marvel movies, horror and about five Disney which I guessed were for Katie.

"Hey, Wood."