Chapter 7

"Ash it's time to leave, Hazel's supposed to leave for her date in 20 minutes." Mum hollered from the lounge. Yesterday I had offered to babysit Katie for Hazel while she went out on a date.

She called me into the lounge and presented me with a little box full of cupcakes to take over for Katie and I to share.

"Thanks Mum." I quickly said before leaving.

"Ashley! Hi, thank you so much for coming! So there is $10 on the side and a take away menu in case you get hungry." Hazel smiled and rushed her words quickly pointing to the kitchen and searching for her jacket on the coat hanger next to the door.
"Katie shouldn't be much trouble, she's a bit worn out. She needs to go to bed at 6:40 so not long now but afterwards you can probably watch a movie or something. Thank you so much Ashely!"
I smiled as she turned quickly into the lounge to bid her goodbyes to her kids.

I was stunned to see what I saw next. Nicks was sitting down with his little sister playing with train tracks. A smirk played on my lips as he turned to see me.

"Took you a while, princess." He turned to me, suddenly showing his true side.

Katie jumped up and ran over to me, "Ashley, are you a real princess?" I laughed, faintly.

"No," I broke the new to her bending down to her level to give her a hug. This girl was adorably cute. "but your brother is!"

Her little blue eyes lit up with a sparkle as she ran back over to him and jumped on his back.

"Very funny, Wood. Don't worry, I'll get you back." He rolled his eyes but kept his smile.

"Have you had your dinner Katie?" She nodded and looks at me, "What did you have?"

"I had a huge dinner!" She emphasised. I adores little children.

"You did, didn't you?" Hazel smiled before kissing Katie on the head. "I've got to go now, baby, be good for Ashely." She nodded, cutely.

"You too Nick. If I come back and there's a mess, you'll be grounded for another week." She gave a warning glare, but smiled at me as I wish her a good time.

"I guess your going to leave now?" I faced Nick.

"Nah, princess, didn't you hear? I'm grounded. So instead of me going out my friends are coming here!"

"Ugh!" I rolled my eyes as Nick laughed and walked off.

"Shall we play a game, Katie?" I said, trying to take my mind off of it.

"Yep!" I hopped off the sofa and sat down next to the train track.

_________________________

Hello!! So she's baby sitting right now. How's it going to end? Please comment!