Chapter 8

"Ow!" Katie shrieked as she caught her finger on the toy train track and it drew blood.

As she bawled with tears, and I frantically searched the house for plasters, looking at Nick, who just sat there on his phone; I had hoped he would help me.
"What?!" He whines, clear hadn't got a clue.

"What do you mean, what?! Your little sisters crying and your sitting on you ass!"

"It's a nice ass tho-" I shoot an icy look as I pick up Katie and take her to the kitchen. "Ok I'll get a tissue!" He leapt out of his chair off leaving me with his sister who he clearly can't handle by him self. No wonder why I was asked to babysit.

"Plasters!" I called as he ran. I faced back to the little girl in front of me."Katie are you going to be a big girl for me? When Mummy comes back you can tell her what you did and how you were very brave!"

"I-I a-m a bi-g gir-l!" She said, still getting over her tears.

"I'll tell you what big girls get!" I say suddenly remembering the cupcakes Mum had made. I pulled them out of my bag and handed one to her with a bowl. "This is what big brave girls get! Look it even has your name on!"

"Th-ank yo-ou! Does my br-other get o-ne? His a bi-g b-rave girl!"
I smiled trying to keep my laughter in.

"Got!" He said, running around the corner.

"Wow thanks!" I said sarcastically. "Katie doesn't need it though! She's a big brave girl, just like her brother!" I gave a little giggle.

Nick scowls at me as I look at the time.
"Oh my! Katie I think we should get you up to bed! Do you want me to read you a story?" I skip to the stairs.

"Nope I'm a big girl! But first I have to brush my teeth!" I smiled and followed after her, making sure she did as told.

~*~~*~

As I walk down stairs I grab one of the take away menus' and have a look.

"Having pizza are we?" Nick skipped over to me.

"I am yes. Unless your paying you ain't having!" I walked further away from him and picked up the phone.

"Selfish." He muttered, but I can still hear him.

"Hi, can I have a plain pizza, please?"

He yawns. "Boring!"

"That's great how much is it?" So far so good, I haven't been interrupted again yet. "$7 ok can I-"

"Pay in sex!" I turned and slapped Nick several times with my menu.

"Sorry no that was just an idiot saying that," I shoot him a stern glare. "can I pay with a credit card?- Yeah ok thank you!"

"So mature aren't I?" Nick said with a smirk and raised his eye brows. "Want to watch a movie? The guys aren't going to be here till seven." I nodded and headed over to the shelf.

I can feel his eyes staring at me as I look. I feel like watching a horror. I think.

"Ah I'm afraid we don't have twilight sorry!" I rolled my eyes.

Ah ha! Women in black!

"Women in black! Are you trying to impress me, Wood?" Still ignoring my asshole of a neighbour, I sat on the sofa and curl my legs up.

As the movie begins, I sat watching every second - unlike Nick, who constantly watched me for any sign of fear.

Finally! But before I could even get up Nicks raced to the door. It's quarter to seven so it can't be his friends. His stealing my pizza!

Yeah I know, a full sized pizza is a lot it myself. But I haven't eaten all day, plus I can have it for dinner tomorrow!

I race to the door behind him. I'm to late. His given the guy my babysitting money and has retrieved my cheese pizza.
He flops on the sofa and takes a slice. I look at him. There is no way his going to.
No wait. He will.

I dove  for my dinner and end up sitting on his chest with the box on my lap. I took a slice and bite it.

"Mm! Lovely!" I tease. Nicks struggling under me.

Flop!
I land on my stomach the box upside down on the coffee table. I turn around to see, Nick take a bite of his own slice. Then before I can get myself up Nicks doing the plank on top of me.

His arms are holding down mine and his feet holding down my legs. Our faces are centimetres away from each other. Awkward!

"What happened here!" I here Noah's amused voice and try to struggle out of Nicks grip.

Nick flips over and sets me free.
I smile at them.
"Ashley this is Joe and Matt." Noah points to both of them.

Joe has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes like my dad did, his hair is standing up on a small quiff. Matt has more of a brown shaded hair and has the same sort of quiff but his hair goes over instead, one strand of hair reaches his brown eyes.

"Hi!" I said, a little out of breathe.

"Hey she's the chick from the beach." Joes says pointing to me, I nod not really sure what to say.

"Yeah, you know Ashley you should come to the beach party with all of us next week!" Noah suggested. I agreed because I didn't really see me doing much next week because of school. Plus it'll be a great way to meet people.

"Erm, Yeah sure where is it?"

"It's at the beach, funny enough." Nick scoffed.

"Sounds cool! I guess you guys can look after a sleeping eight year old, right?" My only response was four very blank stares. "Good that, bye!"