Legacy of A Flower: Chapter One

Third Person POV

The Third Hokage gradually did his mountains of paperwork. Tired, from the latest master mind prank that young Naruto had just finished. That boy was a handful. His pipe was in his mouth, as he took a sip from it, blowing the smoke out of his mouth.

There was a knock on the door, he sighed before he drawled out an, "Enter." The door opened to reveal a ANBU, a little girl stood by him. He bowed to the Hokage, as the girl followed suit.

"Why have you brought a child?" The Hokage questioned, confused as to why an ANBU would come in with a little girl who was probably no older than nine.

"Lord Third, I was just now coming back from a mission when I found this child. She was close to the village, and alone." The ANBU imformed him respectfully.

The Hokage adverted his eyes to the girl, observering her closely. She had unusual, yet natural hair. It was plain white, the tips were pink. It reminded him of a lilly. Her green eyes held, fear as they traced the entire office. "Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Please leave us."

"Tell me your name." He said gently, trying not to scare her more than she already was. He was aware that she was standing in an unfamiliar place and that's what had her slightly afraid.

"Lily Yoshida." She said, loud enough for it to be audible. The Hokage's eyes slightly widen.

"What would a Yoshida be doing so close to the Leaf?" He asked outloud. It wasn't a question for her to answer, but she did anyway.

"My mother, her name is Haruka Yoshida." The Hokage gaped at her for this. The tale of Haruka Yoshida, the exiled woman of her clan, was famous to many elders. Not as well known to others for the Yoshida liked to keep to themselves.

"May I ask where she is?" The girl looked at the wooden floor at this sudden question.

"S-She's dead." She mumbled. "A couple months ago someone attacked us. She died in the process."

He looked at the lonely child for a few moments. How can he be called Hokage if he just let this child leave out to venture the world alone? He was more than sure that she didn't have any money. The elders of the village will sure be displeased about bringing in a Yoshida into the village, but he disregarded that fact.

"I'll make you a deal." The Hokage said. The girl tilted her head to the side as he continued to speak. "If you agree to train in the Academy and become a ninja, I will allow you to stay and live in an apartment." It was a fair enough trade, atleast an excuse for letting her stay. She will work for the village, and use her progressing skills in exchange for a home.

She thought this out throughly. Where else was there to go? Traveling through the forest was for sure to be a dangerous idea. There wasn't anything else to live for, and she knew her mother would want her to keep training. She let out a small breath.

"Alright, I'll stay." She smiled. He returned the warm gesture, eventhough he was confused on how this small child could still be smiling after all she had to go through. Maybe she spent too much time mourning, and she just wanted to be done with being sad.

The Hokage called a Chunin, to escort her to the Academy. He gave her a small pouch containing what she'll be needing.

Lily's POV

I followed the impatient Chunin out of the building. He wasn't to keen on having to escort a child. And he wasn't planning on waiting for me. I rolled my eyes.... Jerk.

We got to another building, and he took me to a classroom. "Wait here." He went inside to talk to my new teacher. I crossed my arms, glaring at the door. It opened and the Chunin looked down at me. "Go ahead in."