Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Thirty Eight

****Flashback****Age 10

Third Person's POV

"Please be okay..." Lily muttered, on the verge of tears as she ran through the empty streets of Konoha. It was around midnight and she had woken up to a horrible nightmare. A nightmare she was convinced might've came true.

Lily was never one to have nightmares, as if something was pushing all the bad, scary dreams aways. But when they did came, they made a good impression, and did a great job at tormenting her mind. This nightmare was her first eversince her mother's death. It was about one of the people that became precious to her. The one person who annoyed her at first, but now she overlooked the annoying part, or more so turned into humor somehow.

He always wondered what was Lily's story, well before she arrived to Konoha. He thought everything she said made an untieable knot of confusion in his brain. To her he was Blondie, and to him she was the girl who meaned alot to him.

Lily was now on Naruto's window sill, because the idiot forgot to close it. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw him sleeping in his bed peacefully. The boy shifted, and slowly opened his eyes, staring at her.

"L-Lily, what're you doing here?" He asked, rubbing his eyes sleepily."Why are you crying?"

"I-I just wanted to make sure you were okay..." She trailed off, wiping her eyes in vain. New tears immediately replaced the ones that were wiped away, which annoyed her to a great extent.

Naruto was dense, but not dense enough to know that it was a really bad nightmare that had her freaking out. He stood up and walked over to her, grabbing her hand in his. Then he walked her over to the bed, and made her sit down with him.

"What're you doing?" She asked, sniffling. He made her lie down, and placed the blankets over her, and sat down on the floor. Somehow he manged to never let go of her hand, and she was grateful.

Then the blonde finally answer, sincerity in his big blue eyes.

"I'm going to hold your hand, and be your friend."

*****Flashback Over****

Lily's POV

My eyes opened slowly, and I was in a dark hospital room. I looked at the window, to see a figure. Sitting up, I stared down at my arm that held an IV. "Gaara, that you?"

The red head looked over at me and nodded, confirming my guess. He got up and walked over to me, sitting down in a chair beside the bed.

Then I remembered what I did before I lost consciousness and I ended up looking at the other side of me. There was Basil sleeping, a blanket over him.

"How long have I been out?" I asked, still not looking at him. Why did I kiss his cheek? What is he thinking now? Does he think I'm some fangirl, or that I'm an icky, hormonal teenage girl.

"A couple of hours." He said. "How are you feeling? You lost a lot of blood, and your breathing was unstable."

"F-Fine." I stuttered out, making me want to stab my wound. Well... That explains why my side is sore, I'm guessing they gave me morphine to diminish the pain a bit.

I placed my hand on Basil's cheek, brushing my thumb on a bruise. How did he get that? Gaara must've knew what I was thinking because he then answered my unspoken question.

"When he saw the condition you were in he yelled at Tsundae for sending you on the mission. Then he made it worst by calling her an 'old lady.' So she punced him and knocked him out." I'm glad he's straightforward.

"Idiot..." I muttered, shaking my head. Then I folded my hands neatly in my lap and stared at them. What was I going to do? Maybe I should tell him that I was delirious. Ugh, so much for 'I regret nothing.'

He sighed,"Lily look at me."

"Nah, I'm good. I mean my hands are very interesting." I said, the only excuse I had, which sucked. I need to train on lying, or on coming up with better answers.

"Lily, they look the same, just a few minor cuts. Now look at me." He ordered, in a calm yet demanding voice. My stomach dropped and I knew it won't be long until I give in and looked at him. For now though, I'm going to try my best to hold my ground. Unfortunately my ground is having a major earthquake.

"You know Gaara, these sheets are-" I stopped myself when he grabbed my chin with his hand, and forced me to look up at him.

Oh, holy sh*t. Well, now I'm in another situation. Although this situation, I can't say I don't mind being in it.

I was blushing madly, and my dark green eyes were drawn to his light ones. Then he got closer, and me being the pathetic loser I am shut my eyes tightly. A small kiss was placed on my forehead.

My eyes widen, as he let go of my chin. All I did was stare at him. Man, and I thought I was blushing hard before... I probably look like his hair.

"What?" He rose a brow innocently, but the smirk on his face told me otherwise."Wasn't I suppose to return the favor?"

"Yes!" I said all to quickly, "I mean no! I mean I didn't hated it, b-but I wasn't expecting it!"

His smirk grew wider, and I knew he just loved my reaction. "Maybe I didn't hated it either." He then got up, "I have to get back to my siblings, we can discuss this later. Sleep, Lily."

"Damn you Red." I growled as he left. Screw him and my life...

I got up, wincing slightly, and kiss my brother on the top of his head.

Naruto.... I can feel him. I went into the next room to see the Blonde staring at his hands, looking depressed. Bandages were wrapped all over, just like me. Only my face wasn't.

"N-Naruto." I spoke, my hand was on that metal thing that held the bag my IV was attached to. I forgot what it was called...

"Lily..... He's gone..." Naruto said solemnly. I stared down, wanting to cry, but I couldn't. I had to stay strong for him. He always did it for me, it's time I did it for him."I failed.. I failed the team..."

"Shush, don't say that." I sat in a chair beside his bed. "Please don't say that. We'll get him back. When we're stronger.... I promise we'll get him back. I don't care how long it takes, we will get Uchiha back, Team Seven will be together again. We will get Uchiha back. We'll get Sasuke back together."

I grabbed his hand, and sat on the floor. He looked down at me, his eyes were filled tiredness and sadness. I looked at him with hope, the only thing covering how sorrowful I felt. "W-What're you doing?" He asked, and I smiled at him softly and gave his hand a squeeze.

"I'm going to hold your hand and be your friend."

It was just like when we were ten. He's one of my bestest friends, and so was Sasuke. We wanted him back, and I will not allow him to tackle this task single-handedly. I made a promise to him, and I am not one to break my promises. Especially when the person who I made the promise to was Blondie.

So, that's that. Yes it's short but I wanted all of this to be in a chapter of it's own so... Yeah.

Also I know Gaara was a bit OOC, and I ussually don't do that, because I myself know that those characters can be hellah cringey if you do it the wrong way. But at this moment I give no damns. This is the reason why I waited until after the Chunnin Exams Arc, because back then Gaara wouldn't have cared what Lily did. But he won't be OOC too much. Also rememeber this book has more to it than love, because it consists of much more than that.

Fun Fact Of The Chapter

Gaara made sure to take care of Basil, because he cares about Lily, so he cares for what she cares for. That peck on the cheek Lily gave him opened up his mind and made him realize what she means to him and vice versa. To him, Lily was willing to help anyone from themselves, he saw that when she didn't give up on her brother, then later him.

Oh Lily, you were right. You regret nothing.

Thanks for reading

Vote. Comment. Questions. Follow.