Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Twenty Seven

So, I'm going to make a few fillers because I don't want this book to end so quickly. And this will also help me build up a certain relationship.... So, enjoy! Eventhough it's short, but I updated fast this time so... Yeah!

Lily's POV

A cool, and silky material was over me. I didn't even have to open my eyes in order to know I was in the hospital. So, I didn't, instead I just enjoyed my solitude. Well, atleast I thought I was alone.

Once I opened my eyes I was met by the unconscious figure that was my brother. He sat in a chair beside the hosptial bed, his white hair sticking out every which way. A smile came across my face as I sat up. I wonder how long he's been in here. He must be exhausted, and the small black circles under his eyes only confirms my claim.

"You're finally awake." A gentle voice said. I looked over at the door to see a nurse, giving me a warm and friendly smile, which I politely returned. "He refused to leave your side... Even when we told him it was just from exhaustion. But, I'd be worry aswell if my little sister had been out for two days." On that note she left, probably to tend to other matters.

"You idiot..." I heard Basil mumble, as he woke up groggily, rubbing his eyes. "I thought you were going to miss the Hokage's funeral. It's in two days..."

My eyes widen at the sudden news."H-He died..." Basil nodded solemnly. I stared down at my hands. The Third Hokage was the only reason I was able to live in this village and meet such wonderful people. I didn't even get to say goodbye. This is just so-

A hand was on my shoulder, and I looked up at my older brother. "I don't think he would want you moping..." He said, with an assuring look in his eyes. "He did not die in vain. He died protecting this village."

I nodded, once again smiling. He's right. "So..." I began, deciding it was for the best to change the subject "I guess you're going back to the Mist..."

A smirk formed on his lips."Why? Are you going to miss me?"

I shot him a glare,"Psh, yeah right. I just wanted to know ahead of time so I know when to throw a party." I crossed my arms, and for the first time I hear him chuckle. My eyes went over to Basil in disbelief.

"What are you staring at?" He asked. "You look like an idiot with that look on your face."

I restrained from setting a fire over his way with a vicious glare, and placed my hand on his forehead. "You're not on any hospital drugs are you?"

He smacked my hand away, glaring at me slightly. "I was going to tell you that I've gotten permission to stay here with you and become a Leaf ninja."

"What?!" I yelled."Should I call a nurse just in case you really are on drugs that you shouldn't be on. Oh man, please don't tell me they gave you the wrong medicine."

"I am not on medication! Now will you stop being a complete moron and let me explain!" He exclaimed, letting out an exasperated sigh. Annoying people; my favorite hobby.

I crossed my arms and pouted like a little kid, that's been told to let the adults speak. "Well, I can't believe the rudeness that has been presented to me on this day, but fine..."

He rolled his eyes, and shook his head at my childish antics. "I had sent out a letter for permission. They're allowing me to stay, and since I helped the Leaf avoid many casualties during the assault I was granted permission. But the clan is only agreeing on one condition."

"Which is..." I trailed off, thinking that he'll finish the sentence.

"I have no idea."He said. I anime fell at his reply, then shot up.

"What the hell do you mean you have no idea?!" I yelled. A doctor passed by and shushed me. I gladly returned it with my favorite finger. He was horrified by my 'disgraceful' actions and walked off with his nose in the air.

Basil facepalmed, and flicked my ear. I hissed at him, and he began to explain. "The clan elders have something to do with it. Our father said he will get to this matter when he can. Apparently he has to deal with other things that are of utmost importance."

Basil rolled his eyes at the mention of our father, and so did I. What can be more important than his two children who just found eachother.

It was then that a dislike for my father was born inside of me, and I had a feeling that it'll only grow as I come to know the man who I am to call 'Father'.

*****

It's been a month and a half and still no letter from the Yoshida. Yep, it's official my dad's a major d-dog. That's what I was totally going to say.

The Sand and the Leaf have made up to avoid anymore conflict. There was this one mission that my team went on with Gaara, and you can say that the start of a new friendship had began. That was about two weeks ago. He seemed very different, so at peace, and as if the word 'hate' was never a word that was known to him. He made such progress, and in all honestly I hadn't expect him to try to change...

At the moment I was in my room eating one of the best things in the world; cake. Oh, but not just any cake. Red velvet cake. Meaning I was about to devour every scintilla of this wonderful delicacy.

Just when I was about to bring the fork to my mouth there was a knock on the door. "Basil! Get the door!" No answer.

"Basil get your lazy ass up and answer the damn door." I banged my head on the table because once again; no answer.

I trudged over to the door and opened it to be face with two unwanted faces. Well, one of them wasn't but since my precious time with my beautiful cake was just so casually disturbed, I didn't want to see anyone in my presence.

It was Sakura and Ino, with big, bright, sickening sweet smiles.

"You're invited!" Ino yelled excitedly.

"Ino's throwing a party, and you're coming." Sakura squealed in delight

"Oh, hell no." I stated bluntly. And that ladies and gentlemen is only the beginning of my brutal death.

Fun Fact Of The Chapter

Lily has set aside her differences with Ino.The two girls had no clue why they even hated eachother. It was a harsh fight when they were kids that caused them to grow up strongly disliking eachother. They decided that they were both being childish, and there ninja now. But Ino still annoys the living hell out of Lily, and the feeling is mutual to Ino. Let's just say these two aren't enemies, but they're not exactly what you would call friends either.