Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Seventeen

Everything was black.... The pain on my side was no longer there. My hands went to my arms, shivering from what felt like a breeze. It wasn't one of those breezes that would sweep you with relaxation and delight. This was one that gave you a cold ominous feeling.

There was something around me, among the darkness, and my feet moved on their own. All I wanted to do was to get away from here, I rather have to face the excruciating pain. I didn't know what was luring me to move, it was as if I wasn't in control of my body.

My feet came to an abrupt stop, halting in the middle of more darkness. A green swirl of chakra swiveled beside me. Gaining back my ability to move on my own, I took a few steps back, staring at it threw wide, fearful, yet bewildered eyes.

It began coming closer, and right when it was about to make contact with me it was stopped by a force. Every time that the dark chakra attempted to touch me, a invisible force lit up like lightning, preventing any contact.

"What?.... Is this?..." I asked outloud. The green chakra tried to hit my stomach, and this time when the light of the protective force lit up, there was a crack. Then it hit another spot, and again there was a crack. It's as if this force has always been here, only now it's been weakened. Did... Does this have something to do with what Orochimaru had did to me?

My arm moved up on it's own, becoming enticed to get near the chakra, but the protective sheild, white, light chakra I'm guessing that it is, created something. My arm shot back down to my side, as my mind took in the sight in front me. It was a.... a.... memory...

"Lily! Lily!" An alarmed voice called, as I stood in the middle of a forest. "Where are you?!"

It's..."Mom!" I yelled. "I-I'm right here!" She couldn't hear me, causing me to gain a disappointed expression.

"Lily!"She shouted once she saw a five-year-old me crying, sitting against the trunk of a tree, my legs held to my chest.

I remember this day.... This was the day she had told me about the Yoshida clan, and what they had done to her. The news were so horrible to my young ears and I ran off.

"Why?!" Young Lily sobbed. "Why?! How could they?!"

My mother crouched down on one knee, wiping my tears with her hand. It was pointless when the tears that were wiped away were replaced by new, fresh ones. "They're lost.... Lily, you must understand. Hatred is the only thing they know, along with their greed for power. They grew up in a world where love is such a foreign thing."

My sobbing calmed down to a minimum, and I was wiping my own tears. "D-Do you hate them?"

"No." She answered. "Holding hatred is what leads to more hatred... They're family, and family should love eachother."

I furrowed my brow at this, confused on her statement. "...But they don't love you.."

"I know, but you can always show someone to love..," She smiled warmly at me. "No one is hopeless. Their will always be a light in their eyes... Some have a light that's dimmer than others, but it's there and, you can always change someone."

"How?" I questioned.

"With love..." She replied strongly. I tilted my head to the side.

"But what if they don't want my love?"

"Then, you got to show them that you won't give up on them." She placed an affectionate hand on top of my head. "No matter how much they push you away, you have to keep trying.... No matter what."

And with that the scene dispersed back into where I was before. What was this light chakra trying to tell me?.... I don't understand. Are these two chakras apart of me? Ugh! Why am I so confused? And why am I just now seeing this?