Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Twenty Eight

Lily's POV

I began to close the door but Ino stopped it with her foot and pushed it open. Now they were in my living room, staring at me with pleading eyes.

"Oh, my gosh! Get out!" I groaned in aggravation, pointing at the door.

"Come on Lily." Sakura begged."All of the Genin will be there, even Basil."

"I couldn't care less." I said, crossing my arms."Do you guys not know the meaning of 'hell no', because I would be more than happy to show you."

Ino let out a sigh,"Live a little. You're young, so stop acting like an old lady."

"Well if I were an old lady no one would force me to go to a lousy party." I retorted, then turned around in a defiant manner.

"Gaara will be there. He was on a mission to the Leaf, and they're resting up. We asked the Sand siblings and they said yes." Sakura stated and I could just feel the smirk growing on her lips. I turned back around and deadpanned. Though just because I still held my ground, it didn't mean my curiosity wasn't lighten. She had taken notice that Gaara had made me curious back in the Chunin exams, despite the overwhelming fear.

I'm guessing that was their last method of persuasion because next thing I know they were chanting,"Please! Please! Please! Come on you need a liiiiffffe!!!"

My eye twitched and I let out a defeated sigh. They are so mature... "If I go will you two get out of my house?"

They nodded and squealed in joy. Once again I let out a sigh, but managed a small smile. The little gesture left my system at Sakura's next words.

"I am going to help you get ready!" I paled. Can anyone remind me why in the hell did I agree to this?

"Fine..." I drawled, dragging my hand down my face. "Just let me finish my cake."

I entered my room to see Basil at my desk. Words can not express how much internal pain went throughout my entire body.

This boy had the audacity to eat my cake.

"Basil..." I began, but stopped myself. "No, no, no. You know what I'm not going to yell, or ask questions."

"Well, it's you fault for leaving cake lying around." He scoffed shaking his head shamefully at me."Are you that naive to actually think someone won't eat it?"

An irk mark appeared at the side of my head. I was suprised that his big head hasn't exploded from how hard I was glaring at him.

I brought my hand up, examining my nails. "So... You've decided to eat my reason for living.." I mused.

"Why are you so calm. I half expected you to be trying to shove a kunai down my throat by now." He noted, confused at my peaceful state.

I chuckled darkly,"Calm? Oh Basil are you sure that I'm the naive one? I'm just trying to have mercy on your soul. Now you have a choice, do you want to die now or later?"

"You aren't even going to do-"

"You thought!" I interrupted loudly. "You die now!" With that I tackled him to the floor.

Keeping the peace? Tsk, there is no such thing as keeping the peace when someone eats your red velvet cake.

"A word of advice to you Basil." I said as we scrambled on the floor. "Stupid people get killed!"

"Then why aren't you dead yet!" He shouted. Time froze, and we stared at eachother.

One second. Two seconds. Thre-.