Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Thirty One

Lily's POV

Basil and I were back in the green of the Leaf Village. After a while of walking together we went our seperate ways. Apparently he has things to do.

I rolled my eyes, and crossed my arms. Yeah right... He never has anything to do. All he ever does is complete missions, and spend the rest of his day either training or sleeping. Which isn't a bad way of living if you think about it.

But unlike him, I was restless and audacious, I would never miss out on an adventure. We were polar opposites, but we became inseperable. "Just like magnets." I've heard a few villagers say everytime we pass by them.

I wouldn't know what I'd do without him. He thinks the same about me. These past few months, I've learn how weird sibling bonds are. We annoy eachother, become violent, then next thing you know we're laughing at how idiotic our little quarrel was.

My feet stopped along with my thoughts, and this awful feeling came down on me abruptly. My hands went to my arms, and my chakra felt off. As if it was alerting me. This chakra that was wavering in me, it felt sligthly familiar, but at the same time it didn't feel like me. Surprisingly I knew it was mine.

After a few seconds, the palpitating sensation left my body, and I was left with this uncanny feeling. It was as if a part of me was gone- no it was still there, but it was hanging by a thread. Somehow I was able to comprehend whatever the hell that was, was trying to tell me. How? Well, that was the million dollar question at the moment.

Instinctively I was put on high alert, and was trying to stay calm. But the act of staying calm didn't function well when you were internally freaking out, and had no idea on what was going on.

Two Chunin ninja passed by, oblivious of my presence. They were too into there own conversation that caught my attention. "I can't believe that Itachi Uchiha is back, and he's after Lily, Naruto and-"

I didn't bother to listen further and zoomed right between them. Their heads shot up, and they knew that they've just commited one of the biggest mistakes ever made.

My feet were running faster than they have ever gone, and in no time I was in the forest surrounding Konoha. Jumping from tree to tree, I was heading to the nearby town I remember Naruto was supposed to be in with Jariya.

Itachi Uchiha... Was the name that those Chunin mentioned. If I put two and two together, there are only two Uchihas alive. One of them is Sasuke. His brother was the one who mercilessly slaughtered their entire clan. Great... I'm up against him...

Naruto, he's strong, but a guy who single-handedly killed the Uchiha will end his life with no sweat.' At that thougth I began to try to run faster, if that's even humanly possible. There's no way I could ever forgive myself if I let something happen to him. I know I can't take Itachi down....

"...But I have to atleast try!" I yelled out loud.

*******

Once I arrived in the small town and pinpointed Naruto's location, I used chakra to walk on the side of the hotel he was in.

I stopped at a window, crouching down on the ledge. Two man stood in front of a door, their backs faced to me. They both wore black cloaks, with red clouds all over. I was certain that Naruto was in front of them, and that was to close for my liking.

"Don't touch him!" I shouted, glaring at them. They turned to look at me, not at all suprised by my sudden appearance.

Their lack of reaction was to be expected. They weren't just regular rogue ninja, so it was evident that they were able to easily detect me.