Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Sixteen

Lily's POV

I can only ever recall being this terrified once. But even that memory was foggy at this moment. My body wouldn't move, all I could do was sit there and watch the kunai hurdle towards my head. I felt myself being lifted up and I was no longer seeing a sharp weapon.

Finally snapping out of my state I stare at Sasuke whose thigh was wounded. Did he use pain to fight the fear? That was a desperate move, but smart on his part.

"S-Sasuke, your-" Sakura was cut off by his trembling hand covering her mouth.

I watched Sasuke closely..... he was afraid. Just like Sakura and I. Frankly I didn't expect him to react like this. I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry Uchiha, we'll make it through this." But even I wasn't sure how this will end. That woman.... she's no ordinary Genin. Sasuke didn't even bother to brush my hand off, he just frantically looked everywhere. He heard me, but he wasn't listening.

"Guys! Look!" Sakura was finally able to yank his hand off her mouth. We looked to where she was gesturing to see a gigantic snake.

Sasuke jumped up, throwing a barrage off shuriken and kunai in it's mouth. "No, get away!"

It came crashing down on the branch Sakura and I were on, but we moved onto different branches in time. "That was a close one." I muttered, staring at the now dead snake.

My eyes widen when the woman started coming out of it's head. No, she looked different. Her, or should I say he, had yellow snake eyes. I looked over to Sakura who had no clue what to do. Then I looked at Sasuke who was just terrified. I tooked a deep breath. We can't go on like this, I have to man up and be there for my team.

"J-Just what are you?!" I asked, terribly hidding my fear.

"You seemed more confident before you saw what I was capable of." He smirked.

I bit my tongue before speaking again. "Any normal person would've."

"But you're no normal child." He stated, making my eyes furrow.

"I had just about enough of you." I spat, lifting my arms up. Vines covered in sharp thorns wrapped around his body. "You're finished!"

The vines squeezed around him, and I thought he would be a goner. But that wasn't the case. He formed into small snakes that fell to the ground, slithering elsewhere. I scolded,"Damn it, substitution..."

"You have to try harder than that." I felt his presence behind me. A sharp kick was thrown to my back causing me to fly into another tree. I grabbed a branch, and swung myself on top of it.

"Sasuke!" I yelled. "Do something..... Damnit!" My opponent appeared over me, landing a kick to my shoulder. The branch I was on broke and I ended up on the one under it.

I shakingly got up, and distanced myself from him. I lifted an arm, causing thorns to appear. They were covered in poison and were heading straight towards him. A snake appeared in front of him, taking the hits.

I leaned against the trunk of the tree, trying to stay on my feet. Getting thrown around does quite a number on you. A snake headed for Sasuke, and I quickly jumped from branch to branch. Naruto appeared in front of it, making me sigh in relief.