Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Eighteen

Lily's POV

A kunai was held to Kabuto's neck. It was satisfyingly my kunai. I don't trust this guy one bit, I mean who would trust a guy who just so casually walks up to your team in this deathly forest.

"Is this the way you Yoshida thank people?" Kabuto rose a mocking brow. I glared at him, clenching my free hand.

"I wouldn't talk so carelessly if I were in your position." I warned, lowering the kunai slightly. Sasuke grabbed my shoulder, pulling me back slightly, trying to restrain me from doing something I'll regret.

"All I was doing was stopping your teammates from opening your scroll." He explained himself. I stared at Sakura and Naruto in disbelief, as Sasuke glared at them. They both hung their heads in both shame and embarrassment.

"You tried to open the scroll?!" Sasuke growled, a scold crossing his usually blank face. "Even though you know we're not suppose to?"

I face palmed."Idiots..." I muttered, then threw my hands up exasperatingly. "I'm surrounded by idiots!"

"It's quite fortunate for you guys that I showed up when I did." Kabuto stated, stepping away from me when I shot him a menacing glare. I let out a sigh, calming myself down.

"Why?" I asked, furrowing my brows. "What would've happened if they would've opened the scroll?"

"I've witnessed a few people open their scrolls from my previous experience in the exams, disregarding the rules." He began to explain. "Anyone who opened it would be knocked out instantly and wake up when the exam was over."

"Well we're really lucky aren't we?" Sasuke gave Naruto and Sakura a pointed look, before returning his gaze back to Kabuto. "What were you doing out here in the open anyways?"

"I wasn't planning on stealing your scroll, if that's what you're asking." Kabuto answered, showing us his Heaven and Earth scroll. "I already have mine.... You see, I was seperated from my group so I'm meeting them at the tower now.... I better be off..."

"Wait." Sasuke stopped him. "Fight me."

Kabuto turned around, looking at the Uchiha in suprise and a bit of amusement. "You're kidding..."

I glared at Sasuke and stepped in. "Hell no..."

"You're not going to stop me." Sasuke said simply, and I laughed mockingly.

"You still don't understand me, do you Uchiha?" I shook my head and sighed. "I mean hell no, as in there's no way I'm going to let you kick this guy's ass when I've been wanting to do it myself for quite a while."

Sasuke smirked and shook his head at me. "What?! We can't just steal a scroll from him, after he just saved our butts!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Yeah... dont you guys think tha-" Sakura began but never finished.

"Shut up." Sasuke hissed at them both. I scolded and smacked him upside the head. He glared before giving me a confused look.

"Don't think just because I'm siding with you on this one means that I'm going to let you be mean to our teammates." I crossed my arms, a smug smirk on my lips. Someone has to keep him in line when no one else can't.

"I will never understand you..." He let out a tired sigh. Confirming what I said earlier. Then he turned to our teammates. "Look, I've already said that the next opponent we meet could be our last chance. This might be our only opportunity."

"You're lying." Kabuto butted in. "If you truly wanted to accomplish that you would've just attacked me while my back was turned, and my gaurd was off. That's what any normal shinobi would've done. Though I still don't think of you any different. Just follow me and I'll help you guys. But we need to move quickly that fire is going to attract unwanted enemies like a magnet."