Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Thirty

I was walking beside Basil, smiling crazily. It has been two weeks, and I've been given an endless cycle of missions. Ussually, I'd be mind-ranting relentlessly, but this time it's different. We're going to the Sand Village to help them out on a few things. This is another one of those missions to restore the bond between our two villages.

"You're awfully happy." Basil noted in his usually monotonous voice."Are you just glad to see your boyfriend."

"I don't have a boyfriend!" I defended. Then crossed my arms, and scrunched up my face in a child-like manner."Boys are icky!"

"Every boy except for Gaara." He teased, smirking at my menacing glare. "I bet you daydream about him all of the time."

"No I haven't!" I repudiated all too quickly. "I've told you before I'm a ninja! I'm to busy training to focus on a boy!"

"But my dearest little sister. He's not just any boy, he's Gaara." He said in a innocent voice that I didn't even knew existed coming from him. Then he scoffed, "Please, your head is always in the clouds now. Do you really think you're fooling anyone?"

"I'm not." I retorted, and he rolled his eyes."I'm not trying to, because I have no reason to do so."

"Lily, you aren't trying to fool anyone." He stated, gaining a confused expression from me. "You are only trying to fool yourself."

My eyes widen, "What are you-"

"Nothing.... Just forget it." He interrupted, not in the mood to explain something that will probably take me hours to understand.

********

I was laying down on the floor, my arms and leg sprawled out all over. We were in a hotel in Suna. Of course we had to go to the Kazekage building first. They said we'll start tomorrow in order for us to rest from our long three day journey.

Basil opened the door and looked over his shoulder."I'm going to go check the village out. Please, don't do anything and if you see a certain red head... Just be responsible."

My face turned fifty shades of red, as I tried to keep my glare fixated on him. Oh, I would love nothing more than to wipe that smirk off his face. He left out, leaving me by myself. I opened my book bag and was about to take something out, until there was a knock on the door.

I opened it, to be met with a familiar face. Rembering what my idiotic brother said, I held down a blush and stuck to smiling. "Hey, Red."

Gaara greeted me by nodding. "So, what brings you here?" I asked.

"Temari told me that you start a few missions for Suna tomorrow." He said, then sighed as he continued,"She said that if I don't see you now I'll regret it."

I chuckled, and he seemed annoyed by his older sister. "Frankly I have no idea what she was going on about." He confessed.

"I know exactly what you mean." I said, recalling my conversation with Basil on the way here."Come on. If you want to hang out I have an idea."

He went inside and I made him sit at the kitchen table.I grabbed my bag and took out many different contents and got to work.

"What're you doing?" He asked. His voice was emotionless but I knew he was curious.

"You'll see..." I mumbled, loud enough for him to hear me.

"Has your father send you anything yet?" He asked.

I sighed and shook my head,"No. I don't know why.... But I keep getting this awful feeling."

"I'm all ears." He assured me. I couldn't help but smile. With him, there's nothing to be afraid of. I found comfort in his seafoam eyes that seem so calm, and trusting.

"My father. I'm starting to have this dislike for him. I know, I know, I haven't even met him. But his unpunctal attitude towards our situation just shows his lack of care." I said, grabbing some lettuce."You remember what I told you about my clan, and my mother."

"They exciled her." Gaara said and I nodded. He knew he could be blunt with me. He knew that the words didn't effect me, and I was pissed off at them. But those words are a statement; a fact. There's nothing I can do about what happened in the past.

"Only those with a superior position can take such severe measures." I said, putting two and two together. "He's head of the clan... So what if he was one of the ones who...." I trailed off, not wanting to finish the sentence.

Placing a plate of food in front of him, I sat down on the opposite side of the table. Gaara didn't acknowledge the plate, he just stared at me.

"I remember you told me that you didn't stop looking at me the way you did, until you realized the reason why." He said with warm, yet wise eyes. "There is always a reason behind a person's actions. Everyone has a light in them..."

"...Some dimmer than others." I finshed the sentence. He gave me one of those rare smiles that I love. But, I wouldn't consider them rare, since I've seen them more often.

"Lily, can you promise me something?" He asked, his expression suddenly alot more serious.

I nodded, signaling for him to go on, "Promise me that no matter what.... You won't change.... That you'll never stop believing in your dream or your morals. That no matter what you would never break the promises you've made to yourself."

I stared at him for a few moments before saying,"I promise... Gaara."

"Oh, and what the hell is this?" He stared down at his plate. I sweat dropped, then grinned widely.

"My favorite food in the world!" I cheered. "Dandelion Salad!"

He pushed his plate away," I rather not."

"W-What!" I stammered, slightly irritated. "Can't you atleast try it?!"

"Do you want me to die?" He asked, knowing the answer good and well.".... Yeah I thought much."

"Wait! What if I try something I dislike?" I negotiated. He thought for a second before mumbling a, "Alright..."

He got up and a few minutes later there was a plate placed in front of me. I looked down to be greeted by a stick of his favorite food: broiled gizzard.

It was covered in hot sauce, and my stomach dropped to the mantle of the earth

It was covered in hot sauce, and my stomach dropped to the mantle of the earth. He smirked, and I glared. Great, meat and hot sauce. A great combination when speaking of my least favorite foods.

I picked the stick up, and took in a deep breath. He picked up his fork, stabbing a piece of dandilion and lettuce. We nodded, indisputably wishing one another good luck.

As soon as it was in my mouth I stood up and rinsed my entire life out with water. Choking on the gizzard, my tongue on fire from that tiny bit of hot sauce. Thank you Gaara, for wanting to kill me.

I looked over at the red head who was peacefully eating the salad. "Hm, not bad." My eye twitched, and I sat beside him, grabbing his fork. I then helped my self to the salad, and we eneded up eating it together. I was glaring at him most of the time, but I failed when a smile involuntarily crept onto my face.

Well.... Gaara is a Savage. Anyways it's time for the...

Fun Fact Of The Chapter

Lily and Basil pretty much just completed the missions, and went off. Of course the said there goodbyes and for a certain little flower, her farwell with a certain racoon was harder than expected.

Hope you guys like it. Vote. Comment. Questions.