Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Fourty Four

??? POV

All I do is stand, and watch them try not to get torn apart. The opposite of what she would want me to do.

I was expected to shelter my heart with ice, and allow them to only see what they want; an eye that represented the cold my heart was supposed to be covered and inserted with.

It was a craven act to avoid confrontation, to keep from meeting the wrath of the elders. I am too weak, too cowardly to do otherwise, they held greater power despite my spot on the hierarchy. Despite what everyone believes, my spot will never be at the top, like my title insinuates to everyone.

I know what she would've done, if she could see me now. Or maybe she can. Maybe she is screaming at me to not to allow them to think I don't care about them.

And I do, I care about them more than they could ever know. I love them, and a father's love is strong, yet so weak. Their eyes, the way they look at me, each in their own different way.... It makes the ice in my heart crack into tiny little pieces.

I think it's my job to finally break it. Break the ice that forms the barrier between me and them.

The way he looks at me. His eyes are blank, filled with nothing. Showing me that he wants exactly that much to do with me. Not caring what I thought of him.

The way the youngest stares up at me with sadness. Wanting for me to reach out to her, to say something, anything. She may not be, her daughter, but she somehow shares the trait of being forgiving with her.

The one in the middle. She's the worst. She's just like her, but so different altogether. Confusion, and curiosity beams in her eyes. Trying to solve the puzzle that is me. Not giving up on how she could get to me. Her anger pushes her back, yet she keeps trying to trudge her way through it. It's like she can't stand me, but at the sametime refuses to let me be. Debating on whether or not she should speak to me, and at the end of the day.... She doesn't.

Now, I know what I must do. Because if I don't.... They're the ones who will continue to hurt inside. Even him, who refuses to have any emotions towards me.

Lily's POV

I woke up, a PB&J sandwich being held up to my face. A smile grazed my lips, as I accepted it, ruffling my little sister's hair. She giggled, sitting down, eating a sandwich of her own.

"G'Morning Lily." She greeted, sweet little eyes staring at me admiringly.

I gazed down a her softly, and greeted her back, "Morning, Clemmy."

She made mornings so much brighter. If the sun didn't appear in the morning, we would have to rely on her to brighten up the day.

This was how my mornings for the past three days were. Clem waking me up with a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich. At first I told her she didn't have to, but she insisted, and I couldn't refuse. Not to her I couldn't.

So we decided that every morning would be like this. Sitting on my window seat, since I refused to sleep on the bed.

To me, it was way too spacious, the whole room was too much really. That's one thing I couldn't stand about the Yoshida, one of their mottoes, though it was undisputed;

The Yoshida Clan, where you can suffer in luxury.

Our current conversation about Clem's progress in the acadamey was soon interrupted by our father's presence at the doorway.

"Lily." He spoke, and I gave him a curt nod of acknowledgment.

'Good morning to you too, the birds are chirping, and it is now the start of a lovely day.' I thought sarcastically, mentally rolling my eyes.