Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Thirty Seven

Flashback****Age 9

Third Person's POV

Lily walked through the busy streets of Konoha. At times she was close to bumping into someone who wasn't paying attention, but luckily she was. An annoyed groan left her lips. Why did she decided to take a walk around the village when it was the time when people were heading out for their lunch breaks?

In all honesty she had no idea of where she was going. She just didn't wanted to be stuck inside her apartment all day where there wasn't much to do. Then she saw a small little shop she never noticed before. Well, considering her size and the sea of people, she was only able make out the name on a sign. It was a market.

So, letting her audacious side take over, she made her way through, only she tripped and held onto one of the stands in front of the market. The little stand moved slightly, and an apple from the top came tumbling down to the ground.

"You little parasite, look what you've done!" An old lady snapped. Lily hastily picked the apple up.

S-Sorry! I-I didn't mean to! I-I tripped and, and-"

"You're that Yoshida child!" The woman glared, even more furiously. Lily had seen this particular woman before, and she was not fond of children, but the way she looked at her... It was different compared to the usual glares she gave the other kids. Considering her remarkable old age, there was no doubt she was an elder.

"You do not belong in this village! The Hokage clearly does not have good judgment, for he wouldn't have let such an item of hate live here."

'Hate?' Lily thought, 'All I did was drop an apple that could easily be risned off.'

There was now a small crowd watching the small scene display in front of them. They had commited an even bigger error. Driven by their nosiness to stop, they all just watch. None of them knew what the big deal was, but none of them spoke up. They knew that the woman was in the wrong but they weren't going to interfere and go to Lily's rescue.

The Lady snatched the apple from her hands, and Lily stepped back. When she was about to throw the apple at her, someone grabbed Lily's arm, and pulled her away from the situation in a rush.

It was Naruto.

He had came to her rescue. The boy she at times couldn't stand, and he had made it clear that the feeling was indeed mutual.

Soon, Naruto stopped running, and they were by the tree that held the swing in front of the Academy. Lily was above all shocked, never in the many months she has been here has she experienced something like that. Certainly not for something as insignificant as a twenty-five-cent apple.

"So, they hate you too, huh?" Naruto asked. Lily stared at him for a while and sighed.

"Well.... Just old people." She answered."T-Thanks for saving me back there."

"No problem." The blonde said with a grin, then sat down on the swing."I mean, that apple would've left a mark."

Lily giggled at that, and sat down beside him. "Hey, Naruto. I've been meaning to ask you something."

Naruto, looked at her with curious eyes, "Yeah.. What is it?"

"Why do you want to become Hokage so bad?" She asked.

"Everyone always treats me like trash." He answered as Lily listened intently."They never take me serious... So when I become Hokage they'll all have to respect me, believe it!"

"Isn't there any other reason?" Lily questioned, "Not that, that isn't a good reason or anything."

"What do you mean?" The blonde stared at her with pure confusion.