Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Forty One

Lily's POV

Basil was standing by the door of the room our father was supposed to be in. "Lily." He said once we were face to face. I gave him a half-hearted smile, and he took my hand in his."Don't be afraid to speak your mind."

I stared at the ground for a moment, thinking to myself. Then I looked at my brother in the eyes,"Are you afraid?"

"..... Just worry about yourself." He didn't answer. Maybe he himself was unsure of the answer. He let go of my hand and opened the door. I walked in behind him, and we both paused when we saw him. I grabbed on to Basil's arm with one of my hands, and let out a deep, shaky, yet unnoticeable breath.

He.... He looked like Basil, but with blue eyes. However as far as resemblance in looks goes, I already knew he was nothing like Basil. His keen eyes penetrated deep into my soul, and the way he held himself up was indeed intimidating. He was more stoic than Sasuke, Gaara, and Basil combined, which I didn't even know was possible.

We sat at a small round table across from him, Tsunadae also sat with us. "Father." Basil spoke up, while I stayed quiet. My brother spoke with a voice that held no kind of emotiom, which was what he felt towards him. Nothing. No love. No hate. Just nothing.

"Basil. I see you have lost yourself..." Our father commented, noting Basil's new calm and hate-free personality.

"He's found who he truly is." I defended my brother, holding back a glare. Basil, placed his hand on my wrist underneath the table, as he noticed my fist were clenched.

"Lily...." My father acknowledged me, his gaze made me feel so overwhelmed, as if I was about to break then and there. Despite that feeling, I did not allow myself to falter on the outside. "You're a spitting image of your mother, although I do think that if you don't keep your mouth shut, you will end up like her aswell."

"Then I'll die saving you." I shot back, not allowing myself to add a not so nice word in. He stared at me for a while, and he almost seemed impressed by the way I refused to back down. Keyword; almost.

"You said that you will allow your son to stay with her sister in the Leaf under one condition." Tsunadae stated.

"Oh, yes." He nodded his head, and I placed my arms on the table."I was just about to get into that."

"How about you get into something more important." I stated, Basil looked at me out of the corner of his eye. He knew just exactly what I was going to ask. It was a question that has been bugging me eversince I even knew my father existed.

"Go ahead, ask what seems more important at the moment." He said sarcastically. I crossed my arms, clenching my teeth slightly, but I decided to shrug it off.

"My mother.... What exactly happened that led to her exile?" I inquired, my expression now serious and free of anger.

"So, what you are really asking is, if I took any part in making that decision?" He rose a brow, to which I nodded."Haruka deserved what she had handed to her. As the leader of the Yoshida, I must do what is best for the clan. She was a disturbance to our philosophy."

"I didn't know taking care of your family was such a crime." I rolled my eyes.

"I do admit, Haruka had never retaliated against those who were superior to her, just like you are doing now. But the elders feared that she would soon start a rebellion. I could not have that happen, and for that I am not remorseful. She was a mere threat to our ways, those who help the weak, will become weak aswell." I stood up and slammed my hands on the wooden table, causing everyone to stare at me. I was beyond furious at the moment. Did he even care about her?!