Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Twenty Five

Lily's POV

A medical ninja's hand was hovering above all of my injuries, their hand glowing green. I looked over at Basil who was studying me. A look of guilt washed over his green eyes. That's when I looked at the ninja who was healing me and said,"It's okay... I'm fine..."

It wasn't a lie.... Somehow I felt as if most of my energy has came back, and I don't feel any kind of pain. Just a little soreness.

She looked at me hesitantly, then her eyes soon traveled over to Basil, then back to me. With a quick nod she left, understanding that I wanted to talk with my brother.

"Lily.... I'm-" He began, but I was quick to cut him off. I shook my head,"Don't be."

"Then what do you want me to do?" He asked, growing aggravated. "Sit here and say nothing.... When I was being an idiotic little-"

"Shut up." I snapped. He glared at me for constantly interrupting him."You don't have to feel guilty... I had to do it.... It was my choice to keep going. As I said before, you're my brother and I love you. I couldn't just give up on you."

"How?" He suddenly questioned. I looked at him, furrowing my brows in confusion."Huh?"

"How is it that you kept coming back up.... How was it so easy for you to not leave me alone?"

"It wasn't" I replied, lowering my gaze to the ground. "At first... I thought I was a hopeless, little idiot... But then I remembered that you do have a light in you.... Everyone does..."

"A... Light?" I smiled at his confused state. I went into my weapons pouch and grabbed a kunai then walked over to him. I slowly inched it towards his face causing him to jerk back.

"Relax, you moron." I eased, as I placed the kunai close enough for his eyes to be reflected, but far enough for him to see. "What do you see?"

"Green eyes." He deapanned. "I would've thought that you were smart enough to know the parts of your face."

"I'm going to let that slide for now..." I muttered, glaring at him. "Look in deeper, apart from physical features... What do you see?"

He stayed silent for a moment."I see a hopeless boy staring back at me.... He's surrounded by nothing but hatred... Nothing but utter darkness... He's surrounded by nothing..."

"Exactly." I nodded, then placed the kunai back in it's rightful place in my weapons pouch. "Now do you want to know what I see?"

His silence signaled me to go on, and so I did. "I see a boy who sees only what is shown to him in his eyes. Hatred, darkness, and nothing-- Or more so, no one. I see a boy who has given up, a boy who is to far away to see the light that shines in him. The light that's hidden in all that darkness and despair.... I see a light that's dim, but there.... And now that we stand here.... I see a boy trying desperately to brighten that light.... A boy who is beginning to change for the better... I see Basil Yoshida, the boy who everyone thought was a cold, emotionless sight. But now he's showing that he's more than that."

He stared at me stoically, I don't know how but his eyes were like a book. An open book to which only I was able to understand each and every single word written on every page.

"You may not want to hear my apologies..." He began, staring down at me."... But will you allow me to say, 'thank you'"

I tilted my head to the side furrowing my brows. He sighed, and placed a hand on my shoulder, then scoffed, smirking slightly."Like I ever ask permission..... Thank you Lily, these words may never be enough for what you've done for me but.... I love you, little sister."
I could tell those words felt strange on his tongue. They probably never left his mouth up until now.

My eyes widen, as the words were like a record playing in my head repeatedly. A record I would never want to get scratched or broken in any kind of way. He didn't seem confused when he said the words. He was sure of himself.

He flicked my forhead with his thumb and index finger, causing me to snap out of my dazed state. "It's not polite to stare."

Once again, I glared at him, but wrapped my arms around him anyways. "You better watch your back Baise." I shorten the sound of his name, smirking at myself. Then we departed..

"You look stupid..." I muttered. "With that look on your face." He narrowed his eyes at me, then sighed.

"You're alot more annoying than you put on."He stated.

"That is one of my greatest hobbies after all..."I chuckled. "So get used to it, moron.

"Whatever." He muttered. "Oh, and Lily?"

I rose a brow, "Yeah?"

"Are you sure that name doesn't belong to you?" He asked causing me to grow an anime vein.

"That's it!"I yelled lunging myself at him, "Come here you little shit!"

********

After rolling around on the ground, and losing, Basil had to go meet with his Sensei. He said he needed to talk to him about something important. I was now wearing a different set of clothes, considering the other outfit was covered in dirt and blood.

Basil really didn't go easy on me. In all honesty I commited the error of underestimating him. He's pretty tough, and I can see that he's better at Taijutsu than me. Ninjutsu, no, Gen.... Well we both never use that. Yeah, we're finally getting to know eachother more. Though I can see that there will be a lot of rivalry between us and many fights to come.... But those fights will turn into special moments...

I got up and ran out, hearing alot of commotion. Then I saw the chakra signatures of Naruto, Sakura, and Shikamaru escape into the forest.

I looked around..... There was chaos everywhere. In just a matter of moments I was running after the three... Only they were no longer visible.

Fun Fact Of The Chapter

Lily's favorite food is Dandelion Salad!!! Yeah it's odd... But she likes to live off of what's around her.

 But she likes to live off of what's around her