Legacy of A Flower: Chapter Five

Lily's POV

"I don't want that mission!" Naruto argued. I crossed my arms, a habit of mine, and placed weight on one foot. This might take a while...

Me being me, blocked them out, not really caring much. Now don't get me wrong. I agree with Naruto one hundred percent. We're basically just doing the work people are too lazy to do.

We had just brought back the feudal lords's wife's cat. I ended up hissing at it way too many times. How is this improving our skills? Oh I know! We can throw the potatoes we dug up at an enemy until he cries, 'uncle'. Even better we can throw the annoying little kids we had to babysit at them. Or perhaps we should have Tora, the cat we just caught, scratcht their faces off.

So, yes. We are totally going to use what we learned on the missions. If you ask me I think these pointless tasks are a mockery to all ninja.

My ears perked up when the Hokage said, "Alright Naruto wants a ninja mission so we'll give him one. You can act as escorts on a C Rank mission."

"Oooh! Oooh! Who are we escorting?!" Naruto exclaimed, jumping around like his usual giddy self. "A princess, or a feudal lord?!"

"Be patient." The Hokage chuckled. "Bring in our guest please."

Naruto's guess were far off. For the only thing in front of us was a drunk, old man. He tumbled inside, taking a swig of sakè before looking at us.

"These are the ninja who are supposed to protect me? A bunch of snot nose brats!" He said rudely. "And who's the short one with the stupid look on his face?"

"Hehe, who's the short one with the stupid look on their face?" Naruto asked. We stood up straight. The tallest was Sasuke, then Sakura, and I was almost the same size as Naruto. But blondie soon figured that the 'stupid one' was a boy and lunged himself at him.

I grabbed him by the back of his collar, restraining him from attacking the annoying geezer.

"You idiot, you can't attack the person you're supposed to protect." Kakashi scolded.

I glared at the old man. "And you shouldn't insult the ones who are supposed to protect you..... Because one of them might not have the patience for idiotic, old drunks." I growled, making the man blanched. He regained his snappy attitude back and shot me a glare. 

"I am Tazuna the bridge builder." He proclaimed. "You are to take me back to the Land of Waves and protect me as I finish building my bridge."

I tensed.... The Land of Waves. Hopefully we won't be too close to the Village Hidden in the Mist. The last thing I need is to be near the Yoshida.

"L-Lily, are you okay?" Naruto asked concern in his blue eyes.

"Huh? Oh, um yeah, just fine Blondie." I gave him a assuring grin, and let go of his jacket.

**********************************

We were now walking out of the gates of Konoha, the old geezer getting on my very last nerves.

"Alright I'm a traveler now!" Naruto shouted, fist pumping the air.

"Do you expect me to feel safe with him?" Tazuna snapped.

"I'm a ninja old man and when I become Hokage you'll have to respect me!" Naruto shouted, glaring at Tazuna.

"I'll believe you'll become Hokage the day pigs sprout wings and fly." Tazuna retorted.