Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Four

Lily's POV

So, here we stood in the training grounds we were all supposed to meet at. Reminder: At five in the morning, without any breakfast. But get this, Kakashi isn't even here yet! Like what the hell, man! What kind of monster makes people get up at this hour and miss the most important meal of the day? Then to top it all off, dosen't show up?

I ranted internally as Naruto and Sakura did the complete opposite. Sasuke.... Well who knows what Uchiha was thinking. I mean look at him! He looks like a blank peice of paper, clean of any kind of expression.

"Okay if this guy dosen't show up, or those two don't shut up I am seriously going to jab my eye with a kunai." I said in a literal tone. This jerk was four damn hours late. If it isn't already obvious, I really don't like this guy.

Sasuke smirked slightly, being the only one to hear me for the other two were too busy rambling

"No need for that." A voice came in. We looked to see Kakashi casually waltzing over as if he wasn't extremely late.

"You're late!" Naruto and Sakura shouted. I got up along with Uchiha and stretched out my limbs.

"Sorry a black cat came by my way so I had to take the long way." He lied. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Liar!" Sakura and Naruto yelled.

"Anyways..." He began, placing a timer on the stone that was in the middle of the field. "You have until this timer goes off to get one of these bells." He showed us the three bells he attached to his waist. "Whoever dosen't manage to get  one will fail and be sent back to the academy."

"Wait a minute!" Sakura began. "There's four of us but only three bells!"

"That way atleast one of you will be going back to the academy." He replied "If you do fail then you'll be tied to one of those stumps, while the rest eat their lunch."

Our stomachs growled. "Are those hungry stomachs I here?"

That's when I ultimately snapped.

"YOU SET US UP YOU UNPUNCTUAL JERK! I CAN'T WAIT TO KICK YOUR ASS! OH YOU DONE TICK ME OFF! I MISSED THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL! OH HELL NO YOU GOIN' DIE TODAY! MOUNTAINS WILL CRUMBLE! THE EARTH WILL SHAKE AND SHATTER ALONG WITH YOUR BONES! VOLCANOES WILL SEEP OUT OF YOUR GRAVE." I chuckled darkly.

My team shivered except for Kakashi who was unaffected. He knew that I was bluffing, but I couldn't help but lash out at his mind games.

Mom use to say that breakfast was important for everyone to function better. I remember her old saying when I wasn't hungry and refused to eat breakfast. 'A ninja missing a meal is another ninja missing a smile!' That would get me eating right away.

"You're a weird one." He commented, slightly amused. "You have to come at me with the intent to kill, but I can already see one of you aren't going to have no problem with that." He gave me a pointed look. "You're allowed to use any of your weapons."

"But sensei those weapons are dangerous!" Sakura objected. I blew my bangs up out of annoyance, and they came back hitting my forehead gently.

"Yeah!" Naruto agreed. "You couldn't even dodge an eraser!"

"Class clowns are usually always at the bottom. Low scores, loser." Kakashi retorted much to Naruto's dislike.