Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Forty Six

Lily's POV

Things were starting to become more tense after we forgave Dad. The Council is furious with him, and he just takes every bit of fire they throw at him. He just stands there, and does nothing to defend himself. But when that fire starts directing itself towards my siblings and I, he's quick to put himself in front of us.

He decided to train Basil, Clem, and me himself. The Council, once again were against his choice, but he merely brushed them off.

It was as if it was easier for him to protect us rather than himself. Or maybe he just didn't care what they did, or said to him, as long as we're okay he seems satisfied. He's so.... Selfless, yet so fearful, and sometimes it confused me. I wish he would just explain what happened when the decision about exiling Mom was at debate. Maybe he just can't take how we would react...

Right now I was in Suna with Basil and Clem. I had done everything just to be able to come and visit. The elders were indeed skeptical at first, but our Father somehow managed to get them to agree. I owe him one.

"Kankuro!" Temari yelled, her hands on her hips."Get your stuff off the floor, damnit!"

I let out a sigh, we were at the Sand Sibling's house. I was in the kitchen, that was sepperated from the living room by a bar. So, yes I could see Temari and Kankuro go at it like there's no tomorrow.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." He waved at her dismissively. She glared at him, walking out of room.

"You do realize she is going to murder you if your stuff isn't picked up by the time she comes back in here, right?" Basil questioned his choices, sitting on a barstool beside Gaara. He was eating a sandwich I made him. That's what I was doing, making sandwiches because I was getting bored.

Clem sat on the couch beside Kankuro, reading a book silently. She was the only person who hasn't annoyed me yet. Thank you for encouraging the fact that I want to be sane Clemmy!

I placed a sandwich in front of Gaara, who looked up at me."Eat up little red!"

Kankuro laughed,"Maybe I should start calling you that!"

Gaara glared at him, before adverting his gaze back on me.

"You really didn't have to." He said, while Basil facepalmed.

"Just eat the damn sandwich Gaara." He urged, trying to prevent him from death. Seriously, he hasn't eaten, and one thing I can't stand is when someone misses a meal.

"C'mon just eat it." I said, and rolled my eyes when Kankuro giggled at that. Real mature...

"...But I'm not hungry." He argued.

"Does this look like a face that cares?" I asked, pointing at the said beauty. He remained silent, good choice."....Exactly, so eat it before I shove it down your throat."

"That's what he said." Kankuro joked, and the other two boys tensed in their seats. They looked over at me, shocked to see that I was actually smiling.

"Kankuro." I called, causing him too look at me, chuckling lightly."...You're dead!"

With that, I tried to lunge myself at him, but Gaara's sand was around my waist before I can get to him. I wonder how many times he had to stop people from viciously murdering his brother.

When I gave up, he set me down on a seat beside him, and started eating his sandwich. I don't know whether it was to distract me, or lighten my mood, but whichever it was, it was working.

"Finally, than you!" I exaggerated, throwing my arms up.

"Lily..." He sighed,"I just missed one meal..."