Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Twenty Nine

Lily's POV

I stood awkwardly by the snack table, observing all of the people at the party. In my hand I held a small pastry, attemtping, and miserably failing to eat it in the most casual way. With my other hand I continuously pulled on the hem of my dress. I hated everything about it. Well, except maybe the seafoam color, but that is far from the point!

I was furious when I noticed that neither Sasuke or Naruto was here. The blonde was accompanying Jariya on a trip to retrieve the next Hokage. But what is Uchiha's excuse?! Why do I have to go through this suffering all alone. Where did the phrase, 'we're all in this together' go? Down the drain, that's where!

"Lily, come on do something!" Sakura scolded. She was talking with the Sand Siblings. Actually, mostly Temari, the other two just stood by.

I huffed,"Maybe I would be able to interact with this damned party if you hadn't taken away Todd!"

"Who the hell is Todd?" Kankuro asked, his confused expression the same as his siblings.

Before Sakura could speak, I did,"Do you wanna know who Todd is?" They nodded for me to continue."Todd is my life and soul. Todd is my everything."

"In other words, Todd is her weapons pouch." Sakura deadpanned, causing them to sweatdrop at me.

Kankuro chuckled, shaking his head then walking off to enjoy the rest of the party. Temari and Sakura began to laugh and were about to walk away until Sakura stopped.

"Gaara." She smiled."Do you mind making sure Lily doesn't do anything stupid or leave the party?"

Gaara nodded and my eye twiched at the pinkette."I don't need a babysitter. What am I a five-year-old?"

"You sure act like one." She shot back. "Oh, and don't make me recall the whole lipsmacker situation."

I scowled at her and sat on the stairs, glaring at nothing in particular. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Basil speaking with Shikamaru. Well, I'm glad he's enjoying himself...

"I'm going to guess that she forced you into that dress aswell." Gaara broke my train of thought, sitting down next to me.

"You don't seem too keen on being here either." I said, smirking, then I rose a brow at him. "Temari?"

He sighed and nodded,"So, that's your brother." He gestured towards Basil. I smiled and nodded.

"I guess you could say I know how Naruto feels now." I stated.

"What do you mean?" He asked curiously.

"Naruto... Him and Uchiha are always at eachothers throats. They have this strong rivalry, but then underneath all of that fighting there's something more." I said."They share this unique bond, they care for eachother, they're bestfriends. I guess that's how Basil and I are like. The boy drives me insane, and I guess I'm not the most tolerable person ever, but I would die for him any day."

He nodded, staring at my brother then me in deep thought. I offered him a smile and he returned the gesture with a friendly smirk.

After a few minutes of this comfortable silence, I stood up. "What are you about to-?" Gaara was about to inquire, but stopped himself when he saw what I was looking at: my weapons pouch. It was practically calling me to come to it's rescue.

"I don't think you can-" This time I interrupted him.

"Watch me." I smirked daringly, walking over to my beloved pouch. After I checked to make sure Sakura wasn't looking I quickly snatched it off the table and ran upstairs. You forgot Sakura.... We're ninja, and ninja never let their gaurd down.