Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Thirty Five

Lily's POV

I was at the gates of Konoha, back from my small, easy mission. I wasn't tired at all, and the town I had to go to was nearby. Izumo and Kotetsu paled when I walked through the gates. I rose a brow, but when I got no answer I continued on.

Why am I not supriesed? I wasn't expecting to walk through these gates and expect people laughing out sunshine and rainbows. Still... They usually greet me, something must be wrong, no doubt about it.

After a while of wondering what went wrong this time, I made my way to the Hokage building and in front of Tsunade's door. Holding my fist up, I took a deep breath to prepare myself for the worst. I knocked on the door and opened it, to see the Sand Siblings speaking with her.

"Don't tell me, Sasuke has done something stupid?" I sighed. Temari and Kankuro stared at me, eyes filled sympathy. Gaara however spoke,"Not exactly..."

"Your arrival time is perfect." Lady Tsunade stated,"I'm not one to beat around the bush so I'm just going to be blunt with you.... Sasuke left the village last night."

"What?" I exclaimed, eyes wide."I told that idiot to think before he acts..."

"You spoke with him?" She questioned. I nodded,"I was afraid he'd do something... So, I tried talking to him. To get this off his mind. I thought he would listen.... I guess that just makes me ignorant."

She nodded as I clenched my fist, "I want to go after him. I don't give a damn if he wants to come back or not."

"I knew you'd say that." She said, "He's left to go to Orochimaru, I sent a team of Genin, Naruto, Kiba, Neji, Choji and Shikamaru leading them. I'm sending the Sand Siblings for back up, I want you to go with them."

"Alright." I said, and she sent us off.

*****

We were now jumping from tree to tree in the forest that surrounded Konoha. Neji.... Choji... Medical Ninja tooked them back to the village. How could have things gotten so out of hand?

"Just remember that what you do won't just affect you, but all of us... Try and save us the pain."

Those were my last words of advice to him, and he just went completely against them. Me... Sakura... Naruto... How could he do this to us? We were a team! What happened to Team Seven? What happened to sticking together? Was it that important to him?... Revenge... Deciding to leave and forget that this is going to tear every single one of us apart. How could he be so selfish? Now my friends are out there risking their lives to bring him back. Everyone who cared about him... Is he really leaving it all behind just for something so petty as revenge?

I growled as I sped up, slightly in front of Gaara. I could feel his eyes on me, but I kept looking forward.

"We need to split up." Kankuro suddenly said, stopping."Medical Ninja were already sent to save those other two, but the ones who are still in battle need help."

"I can feel Kiba's chakra.... It's a bit fuzzy, but it's there." I said, my eyes closed, arms slightly up.

"You're a sensory ninja?" Temari quirked a brow. I shook my head, "No, look down."

They all stared down at the ground below to see two of my vines down below, stretching different directions into the forest. "With my vines I can sense their chakara, but I can only go a certain distance..."

"That's why you can barely sense them." Gaara noted and I nodded.

"So, I'll go help this Kiba." Kankuro volunteered, the look on his face showed that he had a vague memory of him.

"Temari, you remember Shikamaru, right?" I almost smirked, but I held it back.

She sighed, "That cocky, lazy, smart ass?" I smirked this time, and looked up at her, "Bingo."

I told them which ways they were and they nodded. The two vines went back into the ground and I let another one come out, heading in another direction.

"Who's chakra do you feel now?" Kankuro inquired.

I closed my eyes, letting the vine continue until it went a bit farther than it can go. I grit my teeth when I forced it to keep going. Then my eyes snapped open.

"No.... It can't be.." I gasped, staring at the direction the vine had grown towards."That brave, little idiot."

"What?" Temari looked at me intently.

"It's Lee." I said, "He isn't supposed to be out on a mission, not in his current condition.... We have to move now."

Temari and Kankuro went off in their respective directions as Gaara and I kept going forward, towards Lee.

"I swear, he's almost as bad as Naruto." I let out a tired sighed.

"He does have a great will." Gaara stated in agreement. "Do you think he'll be fine?"

"I believe in Lee." I said,"But to be frank, I'm not absolutely sure. We're up against Orochimaru's evil minions. We just have to hope that we-"

I stopped, causing Gaara to do the same, "Lily, what's wrong?"

I didn't answer but jumped onto a tree on the side going in another direction. No it can't be him. I must be crazy, right? I mean, it can't be possible.

"Lily!" Gaara shouted, going after me. I jumped down on the ground, and he landed beside me.

"We meet again, heh?" It is him...

"Isn't that..." Gaara trailed off, narrowing his eyes at the man that stood a few feet in front of us. "Yeah, he's the guy I faught in the Prelims... Isao." I confirmed.

"Don't tell me you're apart of Orochimaru's freak show aswell.."

"Lord Orochimaru has given me a second chance to redeem myself. Only this time he wants you gone like the rest." He said, insanity written in his eyes.

"Gaara." I said, causing the red head to look up at me. "This guy's vendetta is towards me. He wants to avenge a snake's approval. Leave, go help Lee."

"I'm not leaving without you." He said,"This man is out for blood, your blood... I won't leave you alone."

"They're all out for blood." I shrugged,"Lee needs your help more than I do."

"You're my friend, I can't leave you behind... I'm supposed to protect you." He said, making my eyes widen a fraction, his words were so sincere, so sweet.

I grabbed his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze, and I could've sworn my troubles felt like they were going to vanish, "Gaara, please... Go, friends trust eachother... So please, trust me." You're my friend... And although what I am saying is true, this is also just a way so you can allow me to protect you.

He was hesitant, but soon he gave me a small nod. "Be careful."

"I always am." I said, but we both knew I just said the biggest lie ever. He looked back, but reluctantly kept going. I couldn't help but want to keep staring, until I could no longer see him, but Isao interrupted me.

'Just be safe Gaara, help Naruto and Lee. But come back safe.' I thought, 'All of them, let them all come back alright...'

"How sweet..." Isao smiled tauntingly. "To bad Kimimaru is going to kill him, along with your other buddy."

I glared at him intensly, "Okay now I'm mad... So just worry about your own battle, because you are now endangering the lives of my friends. Be prepared to go back to your 'Lord' with your head on a stick."

Fun Fact Of The Chapter

Gaara and Lily have a relationship that neither of them can describe... Aww their so naive and pure, am I right? No... Anyone... Screw you then... Just kidding lol.

Anyways Hope you liked this chapter! Thanks for reading!

Vote. Comment. Follow. Question.