Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Forty Two

Lily's POV

"Nice of you to drop by." Kakashi said, as I crouched on his window sill.

"Just wanted to say goodbye before I leave tomorrow." I stated, with a broad grin."I'll be gone for two and a half years, training with the Yoshida."

"So, I've heard." He sat down on his couch, and I sat on the one across from him.

I rose a brow,"How?"

"It's been spreading around the village for.... How long has it been since you left the Hokage building?"

"An hour."

"Well then there you go." He chuckled. My eyes moved towards a picture frame on the wall, and I smiled sadly. It was of our team.... I still remember when we took that picture. Naruto and Sasuke were going at eachother, while Sakura was trying to make the best of it. Me.... Well I was just finding amusement between the two idiots.

Kakashi was behind us, his hand on top of Naruto and Sasuke, who were glaring at eachother. Sakura and I were in the middle, she was smiling with her two fist in front of her. I had my arms crossed, laughing and rolling my eyes. We were a very dysfunctional, but happy bunch.

"Is it a bad thing that I knew it wouldn't last?" I asked Kakashi."I mean.... I knew no matter how hard we try.... He was never going to stay."

"It's only normal that you would think that way." He answered.

"I'll stay by Sakura and Naruto... We'll get him back... I know we will." I said determinedly.

"Well, I certainly believe in you guys." A new voice joined us. I turned back to see Miyuki on the window sill.

"Miyuki-Sensei.... Hey." I greeted her. She walked over to me and ruffled my hair.

"You really have to start closing your window, Kakashi." She teased,"Or just about everyone will be inside of your house."

"Lily!" Naruto popped inside along with Sakura and Shikamaru. I laughed along with Miyuki, while Kakashi just sighed.

"Thanks for jinxing me Miyuki, I really do appreciate it." He rolled his eyes at her antics, but smirked nonetheless.

"Anytime you pervy idiot." She said, looking at his Icha Icha novel that was just so casually lying on the coffee table. Then she turned to me, and leaned down to my level.

"You really are going to become something great. Just like your mother said..." She smiled, and ruffled my hair once again,"Take it easy on your Father, Lily... And don't push yourself to hard. I'll see you when you come back."

Then she took her leave, leaving me slightly confused. My father.... Why is she so concerned about that....

"Hey, Lily I guess we're all going to be training hard in these next two and a half years." Naruto commented, grinning at me. I was going to leave pretty early, so I was going to say my goodbyes the rest of the time that I have today.

"Huh?" I tilted my head to the side in confusion,"What do you mean?"

"I'm going to be traveling with Pervy Sage!" He exclaimed,"Then when I get back I'll challenge you to a match!"

"Me?" I quirked a brow.

"Yeah, why not? I mean we never had a battle together, and you're pretty strong." He said.

"Alright then, I'll love to take you up on that offer when I come back." I nodded, as a tenacious glint shined in our eyes."So, I'm guessing you're going to be training with Tsunadae, huh Sakura?"