Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Forty

Haruka's POV (Thirteen yrs old)

"How do you expext to change them" He asked me, as we sat on the dock. I stared at the sky and let out a sigh.

"I-I don't know..." I muttered, and glared at the water determinedly. "I just know that I will."

"...You have so much hope...." He said,"Why? You see what happens everyday, yet you still believe in these people."

"Because if I didn't try, I would be as bad as they are." I replied, turning my head to look at him and his confused face."Casp.... Do you believe in me?"

"Huh?"

"Do you believe in me?" I repeated, crossing my arms, an old habbit of mine."Do you believe I can achieve this dream of mine?"

"Haruka...." He sighed, and placed a hand on my shoulder."I will always believe in you. You're my light, without you I'd be like my father, and those stupid elders."

"That's all I need to make my dream a reality." I said, smiling lightly."I need the person who I care about believe in me. I might be your light, but you are my hope." I grabbed his hand, "Never leave me."

"I won't ever leave you, I promise." That's all I needed to be able to keep going. That's all I needed to believe in myself. I knew that the one I love would never fail me.

****End****

Lily's POV

I sat on the dock from that night with Gaara. A sigh escaped my lips, finally I was able to be free of problems.

It was the third day of being in the hospital but they let me go. I had woken up with all of my wounds healed, no scar left behind. Heck, I was in complete utter shock, and so was Tsunadae and the other nurses. How was it possible that I healed so quickly? I mean, yesterday I could barely walk without morphine because of the pain, but now I felt like I could physically win any battle.

"I heard today was your birthday." I was pulled away from my thoughts, by Gaara, who sat down beside me. He placed a small box in my lap, and I smiled.

"Thanks, Gaara..." I said and looked at him, he narrowed his eyes slightly, then nodded. What was that about? I brushed it off and opened the box, to see a little leather journal.

"It has facts about all types of plants, and flowers from various enviroments." He explained, and I was smiling wildly, and threw my arms around him. A nostalgic feeling took over my heart, it looks just like the one my mother had. I don't really remember what happened to it....

"Thank you so much." I said, as he loosened up a bit and hugged me back. When we departed, I placed the book in my weapons pouch and turned to him.

"Thanks for making me happy.... I really needed it" I sighed, fixing my gaze on the water.

"That makes me happy." He said, and through the corner of my eye I could see him staring at me, and that feeling took over again. He lifted his hand, about to place it on my shoulder, but he stopped when an ANBU appeared.

"Lily Yoshida..." He began, and Gaara and I stood up."You're needed at the Hokage tower immediately. Y-Your father.... He's here. Basil is already there."

With that he left, and my whole body tensed. My fist clenched, and I didn't know what was about to happen. Gaara grabbed my hand, and I was brought out of my panic state right away. "Lily..."

"What the hell am I supposed to do?" I asked, brushing my hair back. I was certainly unprepared for this. "What if he did-"

"Don't think about that, Lily." He said, grabbing my face in his hands."You have to be Lily right now, don't lose yourself."

"How?" I questioned rather hopelessly. "How am I suppose to even face my clan?"

"Do what you always have done." He answered as if it was the most simplest thing in the world. "Believe in yourself, I do. You're supposed to be my light, you're supposed to be Basil's light. And you will be there light. Lily.... Please don't forget the promise you made to both me and yourself. Stay true to yourself, and you'll be fine."

I nodded, he's right.... I have to give him a chance. I have to stick to being me. I let out a deep breath. It's time I face my clan, if I don't I can't make my dream a reality. Gaara.... Basil.... Naruto.... .... Everyone. They believe in me, and I cant let them down. I have to believe in myself. I have to stay true to myself.

I started to walk forward, but then I stopped and looked at Gaara."Do you need me to do anything?"

"Yeah, you're my hope." I said softly,while nodding. Then I held my hand out to him,"Don't leave me."

"I won't ever leave you, I promise." His eyes told that his words were sincere, and I smiled, a determined look on my face. I took his hand and we made our way.

Alright, it's time I take the journey to making this dream of mine come true. I'm through with doubting myself! This time Lily Yoshida will stand tall!

Yes, I know this was short, it was meant to be, because I wanted this and the meeting with her father separately. Anyways hope you liked it!

Fun Fact Of The Chapter

This chapter was to show how Haruka and Caspian's relationship foreshadows Lily and Gaara's. Only Lily and Gaara aren't going to go through what they had too.

Also....

Lily wants to be like her mother. This dream isn't just because her mother wanted it to happen, Lily will soon grow out of wanting to be like her mother. She is going to realize she isn't Haruka, and she must do things her way. She will see that she must do what she would do, not what she think Haruka would do.

Vote. Follow. Comment. Questions.