Legacy of A Flower: Chapter Six

Lily's POV

The tips of my fingers lightly swam in the water. My chin resting on the side of the boat reflected, glistening. I loved the water. Flowers need water to bloom. People and animals aswell. A lily dancing around in the water, is what I thought. Atleast everytime I saw my self being mirrored by water. Funny huh?

Sometimes the lily sinks. Not really. But it can if caused to do so. The lily has no mind of it's own though. Well, atleast not the flower. It can't fight on it's own, or escape the treacherous things that lie ahead. No,the lily dosen't have to face such horrendous fights and adversities. It merely stays in a pond, surrounded by the beauty of nature. Just a life of dancing and enjoying the great things the world has to offer it.

Seems a bit dull. Well, to me atleast. A perfect life dosen't have much as one thinks it does. A perfect life won't show you the importance of other things. Maybe that's why no one has a perfect life...

"Lily?"Naruto calls, snapping me out of my inexplicable thoughts.

"Y-Yeah Blondie?" I rose from my current position to face my friend.

"You seem a bit gloomy, believe it." He said, using his verbal tick.

"Nah, just bored. I can't wait to get back to walking." I said, stretching my arms out.

"But I thought you liked the water." He tilted his head in confusion.

"I-I do." I confirmed quickly. "It's just that-"

"Wow! Look at the bridge! It's huge!" Naruto exclaimed, cutting me off, which I was grateful for.

"Quiet down!" The boat rower, or whatever he's called, hissed. "Why else do you think we're not using the motor!"

My eyes narrowed, not at him, but at the suspicious, and nervous Tazuna.

"Mr. Tazuna..." Kakashi began. "I think it's time to tells us what's really going on here."

"I suppose." The old geezer complied. "The Land of Waves have been ruled by a man that goes by the name of Gato. I think you've heard of him."

"Yes, he's one of the richest buisness men there is." Kakashi nodded.

"He may seem like a normal buisness man, but under all that, it's something completely different. He's also a traffic dealer... The people of my land have suffered from him for a long time. There is barely enough food or other supplies. So I am building a bridge that leads to the mainland. That way we'll be able to get what we need." He explained. "If you leave me once we get to shore I will surely die. Then my dear eight year old grandson would cry, 'Grandad! I want my grandad!' and my daughter will hold an eternal grudge against you Konoha ninja."

"Guilt trip." I shook my head. "Well played old man.. Well played."

"I guess we should keep going." Kakashi gave in. Did we really just fall for that? I don't blame him, I mean I'm a sucker myself.

Once we reached shore we continued our journey. A kunai was thrown, I ducked, and it went intoa bush. I swirled around to see Naruto, his face blanching."I am so, so, so sorry, Lily. Believe it!"

I tooked a deep breath. "Your lucky you're my bestfriend, blondie. Or else you would've been in some real deep shit."

He let out a breath of relief, and went over to the bush. He started anime crying for there was a traumatized bunny.

"Poor little guy." I said, feeling very sympathetic for the furball. "He had to suffer from the end of an idiot's pointless attack."

Kakashi and Sasuke nodded in agreement, as Naruto hugged the bunny close to his face. Sakura started scolding and yelling at him.

"One day you guys are going to be the death of me." I commented.

"Like you can talk, Red Riding Hood." Sasuke just had to retort, recalling my little musical performance.

I was about to retaliate, but Kakashi yelled, "Duck!" At first I thought he was talking about Sasuke's hair, but the rational part of my mind acted, and I was on the ground.

When we all got up we were faced with a man standing on a huge sword that was lodged in a tree. At this serious moment I had two questions: One, who is this guy? And two, where the hell are his eyebrows?! But sadly, logic told me that only question one will be answered.

"Look who it is." No-Brows said. "Kakashi the Copy Cat Ninja.... And what do we have here?" His eyes trailed off to me. I furrowed my brows, am I supposed to know him or something?

"A Yoshida... But those eyes. I've never seen them on any clan memeber I've met before." He mused. "How.... Peculiar."

Once again, I was confused. Why were my green eyes so significant compared to the Yoshida's typical blue ones. Was there something wrong with me?

My teammates looked at me. I knew they would want answers to the questions that are just itching in their heads. The subject was truthfully none of their buisness, and I never had the intentions of telling them about the history of my clan. For I myself lack knowledge of them, I mean I've never seen another Yoshida aside from my mother. Anything I knew of them was told to me by her.

It also scared me. What would they think of me being from a clan with such horrible ways? Besides, I have no ties with my clan. My eyes are the least different feature between me and them. They will indeed have to know sooner or later, but for now it will have to be later.

"Zabuza, the Demon of the Hidden Mist." Kakashi said.

"My buisness here isn't with the likes of any of you. Now hand over the man."

"Everyone get into manji formation!" Kakashi ordered, and we followed, getting into a defensive cirlce around Tazuna. "Protect the bridge builder and stay out of this fight!"

He stood a few feet in front of us, lifting his headband. "Sharingan." Zabuza said.

Sasuke explained what the Sharingan was. And in the end Kakashi ended up getting caught in Zabuza's water prison jutsu. Great now we have to save him. Great job Kakashi!