Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Twenty Two

Lily's POV

Out of breath and exhausted, I slid down the log that was in the middle of the training ground. It's been hours since Miyuki called it a day, yet I still stay here, training. She's scolded me plenty of times, worrying that I'll hurt myself. I know I should listen to her, not just because she's my teacher, but because she means well; she truly cares about me.

But nothing could keep me from stopping. It was as if I was a magnet being drawn towards the log I lean against. If a war were to break out, my only opponent would be this log. I won't deny the fact that I'm being a coward, I didn't want to be, but something deep inside of me was keeping me from breaking away from such a title.

This feeling it was so new, so forgein, yet it was all so real aswell. "You know... you really shouldn't be wearing yourself out like this... it's pretty dangerous." My head turned to my left, only to be greeted by one of my summonings, that had somehow summoned itself.

After many days of training, I was finally able to summon one of the great Yoshida summonings. And so there stood a Hawk, who was named Ryo. He was very special, and very different, the only summoning that isn't a bug nor insect.

"If only your words had an effect on me." I sighed, tilting my head back and closing my eyes. I restrained from yawning, not wanting to prove that he was right- well, atleast more than he already was.

"Just how the obstacles around you do?" Though it came out more of a statement. This time I looked at him, no longer seeming indifferent. "You know you remind me very much of your mother."

I furrowed my brows. 'What does that have to do with anything?' I was going to ask out loud, but instead I stay silent, signaling for him to continue.

"You and her, think alike." He perched on my knee, and we were now making eye contact. "It's impossible not to compare you two. Only now that you see what Haruka has seen..."

"She was brave, and I'm being a coward." I interrupted with a scoff, rolling my eyes. I don't need to be told what I already self confirmed."Ouch!" I winced in pain as his sharp beak pecked my other knee.

"Don't speak like that kid." He said sternly, after shooting me a glare. "I do have to admit your way of handling things are really differently, but that is because you were unprepared. Yes, what Haruka has taught you has a very significant value. But what you've failed to know is that you've never experienced anything like this, so you went by assumption that you will be able to accomplish that goal of yours."

"I'm stuck..." I admitted tiredly, brushing my hand through my white hair. "W-What am I supposed to do? What would my mom do?"

"Now that, is for you to figure out. Don't think of what your mother would do." Ryo said, pecking at his wings then quickly turning his attention back on me. He motioned for me to stand, hopping onto my shoulder as I began to walk away from the training grounds and to my house.

"Keep this in mind, Lily." He stated, and I watched him from the corner of my eye. "Haruka wasn't always hopeful, and optimistic. She had the same dream, yes, but she was like how you are at this time. There was something that unintentionally and obliviously changed her, lit the spark that you saw in her..."

"What does that mean?" I inquired, staring at the bird in bewilderment. "How?..... Just-"

I was caught of by him chuckling. "You'll soon figure it out...." He flew off my shoulder and onto the branch of a tree. It was then that I realized that we were right in front of my apartment complex.

"You are the daughter of Haruka...." He stopped himself from saying more, and left frustrating blanks in his statements. He gave me an odd smile, I'm guessing it was, I couldn't really tell. Then Ryo left in a 'poof'. Leaving me confused, not as much as before, he just left me to write the rest of the answers to my questions.

*****************

It was now the day before the Chunnin Exams, and I was sitting across from Shikamaru. He was playing Shoegi by himself, as I doodle in a notepad. It was just a bunch of swirls and stick people, to keep my mind off of how utterly bored I was. We were visiting Naruto in the hospital, and the most predictable had happened to the blond during his training: he tired himself out.

I couldn't say I was suprised, because this was expected out of Naruto. He never knew when to quit, and that had it's downfalls, but positive outcomes always came with the negative ones.
"There's nothing to do!" I finally blurt out. Shikamaru sighed unamused, knowing I was going to crack sooner or later. Unfortunately for him, it was sooner.

"You're so relentless that it's such a drag..." He drawled out, dragging his hand down his face and slumping in his chair."Is it so hard for you to just sit and relax."

"Relaxing is for suckers-No offense." I said, crossing my arms. "None taken" "What's so fun about being lazy anyway, or as you like to put it 'not caring.'"

I'm not going to lie, I was almost as lazy as Shikamaru before. But eversince we graduated from the academy, there's been more action, and so I've become more restless. Everyday was filled somethings new, something that I didn't want to miss out on.

"Come on Lily, just be at peace for a minute..... Or atleast act like you are." He begged, and I sighed in defeat, slumping in my chair, and closing my eyes. "Finally!" An exasperated Shikamaru exclaimed. It took all I had in me not to open my eyes and glare, dismissing my calm position. I did feel pretty comfortable, as if nothing else was there to bother me, but of course I would never admit it to that smug Nara.

A mocking chuckle cause me to open my eyes, narrowing at Shikamaru. A smug smirk was growing on his face, and I longed to jump across the table and rip it off. Literally...

"What?" I snapped growing annoyed at the teasing idiot in front of me.

"Told you....." He mumbled, barely audible. "What was that Nara?!" I asked, glaring daggers at him. "Oh nothing...." He mused, looking back at the game of Shoegi in front of him. He was satisfied at the fact that he was able to pick on my nerves. He knew that I hated being disproved, an action that he had accomplished.

"I swear you can be so annoying." I growled through clenched teeth, holding the bridge of my nose as an anime vein appeared on the side of my head. But after a few seconds I returned to my relaxed state.

Stupid Nara....

I'm going leave this here lol. I hate that I've been writing these short, late chapters. But I've had stuff going on. But I will certaintly try my best.

Fact Of The Chapter

Lily loves traveling, so she never complains about long walks. It gives her time to think and it allows her to reminisce about great times.

Cya guys!!! Vote. Comment. Oh and ask questions!!! Thanjs for reading hope you liked it!!