Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Twenty Three

Lily's POV

"Huh!" Our relentless Blonde shot up. "W-Where am I?!"

I let out a sigh, crossing my arms. "Oh I don't know, Blondie. What other place has all white rooms?" I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. He sweat dropped, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

"Where are my clothes!? Wait, the Chunin Exams!" He exclaimed in alarm. I shook my head, smirking slightly; typical Blondie.

Shikamaru dragged his hand down his face, already annoyed at Naruto. I chuckled at him. "Calm down, will ya? The exams are tomorrrow." He drawled out.

That's when Naruto's stomach growled causing me to laugh. Well not eating for three days because you were knocked out, does make you hungry. Obviously...

"Here." Shikamaru took out a fruit basket from underneath the table. "It was supposed to be for Choji, but the nurses said he couldn't have it."

"Choji's in the hospital too?" Naruto rose a brow.

Shikamaru nodded. "Yeah, he over ate." Naruto gained a mischievous glint in his eyes, a smirk making it's way on his face.

"What're you thinking of, Blondie?" I shot him a questioning look.

"I got an idea." He said."Why don't we go to Choji's room and eat it in his face."

"Now that's cruel!" Shikamaru said."I like it." I nodded my head in agreement, a smirk of my own growing on my lips.

As we headed towards Choji's room, we felt this mutaul feeling that something wasn't right. And so we stopped at Rock Lee's hospital door. Shikamaru was immediately on the floor in a crouch position, trapping Gaara in his Shadow Possession Jutsu.

"What the hell is going on here?" I demanded to know, crossing my arms, glaring at the red head.

"I was going to kill him." He responded bluntly, no sign of remorse or shame in his voice. Our eyes widen in shock.

"What?!" Naruto shouted, outraged. "Bushy Brows has never done anything to you! So why're you doing this!?"

"Yeah." Shikamaru agreed. "You already did quite a number on him during the Prelims. What do you have against him?"

"I have nothing against him." He answered curtly."I just want to kill him."

I felt a shiver down my back at his words. He said it as if it was the most normal thing in the world. "Don't underestimate us." Shikamaru began to bluff. I facepalmed. Is this really his great idea? "We weren't showing all of our skills in our matches."

"Well actually we kind of did. But since we've been training and-"

"Not the time, Lily!" The Nara interrupted, glaring at me. I sweat dropped. Oh yeah, he's using his last defense: bluffing.

"If you three get in my way..." Gaara began threateningly. "I will not hesitate to kill you all."

"Then you better start digging up my grave." I retorted. " 'Cause there's no way we're letting you hurt Lee."

"This guy fights like a monster." Shikamaru stated, and I stared at Gaara, a weird feeling bubbling up in my stomch.

"He might fight like a moster.... But I have the real one inside of me." Naruto growled, bringing his thumb up to his chest.

Gaara then spoke up. "My monster is as real as yours. Before I was born my father wanted to ensure that I will be among the strongest of shinobi. And so, he sealed the One-tailed beast, Shukaku in me. I destroyed the life of the woman who gave birth to me.... I was born a monster."

"Sealing a demon inside of an unborn baby..." Shikamaru started in utter shock. "Wow, you're dad must've really loved you."

Gaara scoffed,"Love? Heh, don't even measure me by your standards. Family?.... The only ties I have with my family is the ones I would like to wrap around their necks..."

I could no longer listen to him, all I could do was stare at his seafoam eyes. They were so light on the surface, yet when you looked deeper, they were so dim.

My eyes widen slightly, yet it went unnoticed. His eyes.... They reminded me of what I want my purpose to be. It was to help those who're trapped in their own darkness. I wanted to help them from themselves... To help my clan. I didn't want to see anyone else like this.

I had to stay strong. I couldn't let fear nor lack of confidence drag me down. I had to use that as a reason to only try harder. I couldn't give up on no one.

Then I realized something, Gaara of the Desert just helped me, but he's obviously unaware of that. I had to help him... He did the same for me even if he doesn't know that.

The boy who thrives from his own existence. Who hates everything that's alive. Who doesen't even know the meaning of love, just helped me figure out what I must do.

I was no longer lost .... I know what I'm going to do.

****** So you guys know what happens next. Gaara's sand begins to attack and Gui intervenes, then Gaara leaves.

The Fact Of The Chapter

Lily has two habits that she just can't help but do, if you haven't noticed already.

She tends to cross her arms a lot, even during a battle. It's just something that she has always done.

Also when she is frustrated she blows her bangs up, only for them to come back down. Sometimes she does it for fun, but most of the time it's because she is annoyed.

Sorry about the short chapters that I've been publishing lately. I promise that I'll try my best to write longer chapters like I use to... But for now just bare with me please. There's actually a bit of a reason behind. It's because I don't want to put alot of the things that happen in one chapter. Lol.

Anyways, vote, comment, questions