Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Fourteen

Lily's POV

So here I was sitting between two ninjas. One of them was from the Sound, the other was from the Cloud village.  Sasuke was at the back, Naruto was a couple of seats in front of me, and I couldn't spot Sakura. I wasn't too worried, Sasuke and Sakura would be fine, and I was able to hold my own. Naruto..... Yep, we're screwed.

Maybe if Sasuke, Sakura, and I can score enough points we'll be just fine. There, easy as pie. Now even if Naruto fails we'll still be able to advance to the next round.

"Alright, I don't want any interruptions with your questions!" Ibiki announced. This guy is pretty intimidating.... and loud. "This part of the exam will be based on a point reduction system. So, everyone will start off with a score of ten! For every question that you answer incorrectly, a point will be deducted. The points that you have will be combined with your teammates! That combined score will decide if you pass or not!" That seems obvious. I mean we're supposed to be working as a team.

He scilenced those who began to object, and explained the rest of the test to us. So, to sum things up, apparently the Chunin that sit on the sides are supposed to watch out for anyone who tries to cheat. Two points will be deducted for each time you cheat. If you get caught cheating five times you will be disqualified along with your teammates. The last question will be given to us at the end.

"Oh, and one more thing." Ibiki said. "If anyone in your team is to score a zero, the whole team immediately fails."

I internally cursed at this. We were allowed to begin, so I flipped my paper over. I'm sure Naruto is capable of getting atleast one question correct.

Picking up my pencil, I looked at the first question. I resisted the urge to bang my head on the desk. What is this? Decipher a code? Deciding to skip the question, I looked at the other questions.

You have got to be kidding me... Each question is harder than the last. More than half of the Genin in this room are unable to answer any of the questions on this test. I would cheat but I can't get caught....

That's it! If I don't get caught they won't count it as cheating. Although, the Chunin around here are very observant. It wouldn't hurt to try though.

Letting out a sigh, I stared at my paper, but focused on the roof over me. A smirk crept onto my face as a ring of vines formed onto my finger, a droplet of water embedded in the middle of it. I quickly looked up to see a small vine seeping out of a crack in the roof. Hanging from the tip of it was a droplet of water similar to the one on my ring.

I adverted my gaze back to the ring. Anything that the droplet on the ceiling reflected will appear on the ring. Looking at the droplet of information, I saw a man atleast two seats away from me smacking the answers down as if it was nothing. It was a bit hard to see what he was writing, but I was able to make out what was on his paper. And so, I quickly wrote down everything that he wrote, and soon I was finished.

I looked down, satisfied with what I had. That was way easier than I thought it would be. The ring was no longer attached to my finger, and the roof was free of any vines. Heh, and they said they could see everything.

As time went by I began to notice that I wasn't the only one who cheated. I mean, obviously. But people were using such amazing abilities that made me realize that the competition is going to be tougher than I expected it to be.

People were dropping like flies, they weren't discreet enough. One person actually refused to leave and they dragged him out. This exam is only going to get more tense. I looked at Naruto who was clearly struggling. Come on Blondie.... Just cheat.

"Alright it's time for the tenth question!" Ibiki got everyone's attention. "Let me say this first: You have the option whether to answer the frst question or not."

I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. "What's the catch?" Temari asked the question in my head out loud.

"Well you see..." Ibiki began. "If you you choose not to take the tenth question, despite how many questions you've answered correctly, you will automatically fail."

That's insane.... There's always one thing or another. I'm not too suprised. I did expected many unwanted suprises in this exam.

"But wait there's more." Ibiki interrupted the chorus of outraged Genin. "If you do take the tenth question and answer it incorrectly, you will not only fail, but be prohibited from taking the exams ever again."

Now that certainly caught me off gaurd. I was trying not to choke on air at the sudden announcement. This is definitely going to be a tough one.

"What?!" Kiba stood up. "That's bull man! There's plenty of people in this room who've taken this test more than once!"

"I guess you've all just came in at an unfortunate time." Ibiki smirked, adding to my annoyance.

People started raising there hands one by one, leaving with their teammates who were obvious sore at their undignified teammates. Naruto rose his hand.

"Put your hand down Blondie." I muttered in an inaudible voice, tapping my fingers on the desk vigorously. The blonde slammed his hand on the desk.

"You don't scare me!" He exclaimed. That's my boy... I can't believe I thought that he was going to give up. Something must be wrong in my head if I thought for even a second that Naruto Uzumaki was going to quit.

"I'm going to do this test, and pass. I don't care if I end up being a Genin forever, believe it!  I'm still going to be Hokage! There's no way I'm going to quit now, I'll never go back on my word, that's my ninja way" And with that no one else raised their hand or even had the thought of quitting even be a suggestion in their mind. That crazy idiot, he has such a great effect on people by merely using words. Yet, he's so oblivious to that. I guess that's why he can be so influencing to others, because he has no idea, or just dosen't think about what others will say. He just says, never thinks. Some may take that as a bad feature, but Naruto...... He somehow makes it work.

"Well then, I guess you've all passed." Ibiki explained the test. He was trying to test our will, and the strength we have that keeps us from cracking under pressure. How we inconspicuously gather information was also being tested.

Of course it wasn't time to celebrate just yet, for a woman crashed into the window, a unruly and impulsive vibe was around her.

"I'm Anko Matarashi. Your proctor for the second part of the exam!"

Fun Fact Of The Chapter!

We all know Lily's clan is the Yoshida, with the naturalistic Kekkei Genkai. Yet this awesome power goes unnamed. So it's time to reveal the title of this great family technique. It's pretty simple....

Puranto Sosa is the name of the Kekkei Genkai, which in English translates to
Plant Manipulation.

As we've all know it allows you to create vines that come from the ground with chakra. But that's not the only thing. Controlling vines aren't the only thing that the Kekkei Genkai allows a Yoshida to do. It also allows them to grow, create, and manipulate other plants, trees, and flowers. They learn how to use special powers as they advance... for example: The droplets of water that Lily used to cheat on the exam.

Hope you like it! Feel free to ask any questions that you want to be answered for the Fun Fact of the Chapter! It can be anything simple.... As long it has to do with Lily and her clan. The subject can be anything as long at it lies within those two categories.

Like. Comment. Follow.