Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Twenty Four

Lily's POV

It was finally time for the third exam to begin. I stood beside Shikamaru up on the balcony with the rest of the competitors. Naruto and Neji stood down in the middle of the arena. This time we had a different proctor, because apparently Hayate died along with Dosu.

From the corner of my eye I could see Basil glaring at nothing in particular. My stomach bubbled in anticipation, wanting to start my match.

I left my thoughts to the side and watched as Blondie was about to fight it out with the Hyuga. Eversince Neji almost killed and mocked Hinata, Naruto has promised to beat him.

"Any words?" Neji asked mockingly. Naruto glared at him, lifting his arm.

"Only what I told you last time..." He replied, clenching his fist. "I vow to win!"

Neji scoffed,"Heh, then I will enjoy the look of despair on your face when you soon realize that... Your foolish vow won't be able to be kept."

A smirk grew on my face as my best friend's determination grew wilder. I believe in him.... He won't lose.

"Let's do this already!" Naruto yelled. "Come on show me what you got!"

The wind began to blow, leaves flying with it."Alright! Let the first match..." The proctor shouted."....Begin!"

Neji stood in the traditional Hyuga defensive position, Byakugan activated. Naruto stood straight, observing his opponent. I almost facepalmed when Naruto ran straight at him.

"You idiot! A frontal attack will never work!" I heard kiba yell loudly.

"Please tell me there's a reason behind this." I mumbled over to Shikamaru who nodded in agreement. The last thing you do when facing a guy like this is start with a frontal attack. I don't know how, but I can never seem to lose faith in him. He just has that sort of affect on people.

After a while of this Naruto stopped, smirking to himself. "Haha, I was only checking you out!" He brought his hands into a very familiar handsign."Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

"That's right Blondie!" I cheered. There was no doubt about it that everyone who stepped foot in this stadium that uunderestimated him were shocked.

**********

Neji had talked about his clan and revealed the mark on his forehead. He went on about not being able to change your destiny, but leave it to Naruto Uzumaki to yell non-stop about how wrong he was.

My eyes widen as Naruto layed there in the crater he made. Blood coming from his mouth, while Neji stood there. For a second I was freaking out until the little knuckled head came out from the ground, uppercutting Neji. His thumb nail was broke, blood seeping out of it. He punched him that hard.... Well, Neji did needed alot of sense knocked into him, so....

The crowd began to cheer as the proctor comfirmed Naruto's victory. I laughed as the blonde ran all over the arena yelling happily. Once he was back up on the balcony I couldn't help but throw my arms around him.

"I knew you could do it!" I said with a broad grin. "You always had it in you..."

He smiled at me, while Shikamaru smirked at the blonde. "I know you never doubted me for a second." He said. Oh, Blondie you have no idea how much faith you can cause people to have in you.

"Lily Yoshida and Basil Yoshida!" The proctor called. My hateful brother was already down there. I jumped on the railing looking back at Naruto and Shikamaru.

"You better win this, and show him what you got!" Blondie exclaimed and I nodded. I jumped down, landing a few feet in front of Basil. He and I are going to have one hell of a match.