Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Nineteen

Lily's POV

The railing was practically chocking under my grip. Anticipation and excitement was bubbling up in my stomach, with a teaspoon of impatience. Hell, more like a bucketful, I wanted nothing more than for my match to come.

Naruto's match had already pass, and of course it was epic, him coming on top and defeating Kiba. Sakura had went up against Ino, it was a draw, since they both knocked eachother out. They're up now though.

"My patience is growing impossibly low." I complained, groaning in annoyance.

"Just be patient.... Your match will come soon." Kakashi sighed, tired of my constant complaints and whining. Naruto and Sakura chuckled, and Kakashi had a small amused smirk underneath his mask.

"Heh." I heard someone scoff not to far from us. I looked up to see it was that Yoshida girl. "What a joke. And to think she's one of us."

"I'd watch that mouth of yours." I glared, eventhough I was quite wary near them.

"A traitor." She laughed. "A yoshida in this village full of insolent shinobi. How patheticl!"

"This Yoshida also has no time to waste on weak, snobby brats such as yourself!" I snarled, ready to lunge at her. Besides I've seen her fight already, and she lost, along with the other boy. Only the green-eyed one made it to the third exams. So, she has no room to talk.

"Why you little-" She began but was interrupted by the boy with the eyes that mirrored my own.

"Enough Burnet." He said in a demanding, harsh tone. I'm guessing that's her name. She immediately closed her mouth, gulping. "We're not here to quarrel with the likes of her."

"What do you mean 'with the likes of her'?!" Naruto growled protectively, defending me. He merely just stared at him then turned away, ignoring the blonde. "Hey! I asked you-"

"Please Naruto. Just stop." I muttered, yet he heard and fell quiet for my sake, still shooting glares at them.

I didn't want to argue with them, and I definitely didn't want Naruto caught in the middle of it. What they did was my buisness. While they're in this village, in my village, it is. My dream is to accomplish what my mother wanted, and if that meant trading blows with them... So be it.

A comforting hand rested on my shoulder, and I didn't have to look to know that it was Kakashi. I stared at the ground, and I could feel the concern looks of my teammates on me.

Kakashi went down to my level, and pointed at the screen. "I guess this is your time to prove to them what you really are." I looked at the screen and smirked, nodding determinedly.

Lily Yoshida vs. Isao Abe

Shikamaru's POV

Lily jumped down, a smirk etched on her lips. Her green eyes gleamed with excitement and determination.

"Alright!" Naruto yelled, fist pumping the air. "Show those idiots what a true ninja is!"

Hayate, our third proctor looked between the two. "Alright. Let the match begin!"

The Yoshida's eyes closely observed her opponent. I smirked, this match won't last too long. Other than her fierce Kekkei Genkai, she was known for her great at ninjutsu and techniques. The ideas can be really crazy at times, but hell, they work for her.