Legacy Of A Flower: Chapter Fifteen

Lily's POV

All the remaining Genin standed in front of a gated, and eerie forest. It made a spark of fear ignite in my gut. This place really gives me a bad feeling. It's not what's inside the deep, green, creepy abyss of a forest. No, I could handle being in the forest. What bother me is what could happen while we're in there. I had this very brooding and ominous feeling, and the formidable opponents that stand near doesn't help either.

"Alright you, maggots!" Anko yelled, interrupting my train of thoughts."This is training area 44, also known as the Forest of Death."

I force back a shiver that so badly wanted to take action down my spine. The name only justifies my fears and concerns.

"This place gives me the creeps." Sakura shuddered, gaining a nod of agreement from me, and a sadistic smirk from Anko.

"Well it is called the Forest of Death for a reason." Anko said with a grin. "You all will soon find out that reason very soon."

Naruto, not the type to take much seriously, mocks Anko. He repeated her words in a flippant tone, while mimicking her movements in a similar matter. Let's just say Anko wasn't to keen with the Blonde. She swiftly threw a kunai, making a small cut on Naruto's cheek.

I nearly flipped when she walked up to him, and licked the blood that drew from his cut. "It's guys like you who die first." She said in his ear. Anko then whirls around, a kunai in hand, blocking another that was pointed towards her.

Blanching, I looked at the ground avoiding the scene that was unfolding in front of me. There was a woman, holding the kunai that was pointed at Anko. Only, she was holding the weapon with her abnormally long tongue. I breathed in, the only method that would help me from regurgitating my breakfast.

"I'll advise you not to point sharp objects at me." Anko warned in a unnoticeable threathing voice. "...Unless you have a death wish."

"Sorry.... I just got a bit.... alarmed when your kunai cut off some of my precious hair." The long-tongued woman explained, handing Anko back her kunai. If I were her I wouldn't touch it at all, nor look at it.

The woman stepped back giving Sasuke a long glance before returning to where she stood before, which fortunately was away from me. I stepped closer to Naruto, feeling a lot more comfortable knowing that one of my bestfriends was beside me.

I stood there, only to listen to what I thought was important. Too much is in my head, there was too much weight on my shoulders. Something that I never got use to, eventhough it happened often. There was too much I had to face, I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to handle such arduous adversities.

Sure, I've handled things that could be marked as 'much worst', but one was only human. There was the Yoshida, with their cold eyes. This forest that soon will be filled with many ninja who are ready to kill on the spot if needed. And this woman.... To me she isn't as big as the Yoshida, or so I think she isn't. She scares me..... I feel as if she might bring some big trouble for my team and me.

Every thing was just coming at me at once. Not only all at the same time, but unexpectedly. These problems were like predators waiting on their prey, then suddenly they catch their victm off gaurd and devour it. My head was so jumbled up, and I was becoming more anxious than ever.

I knew that I couldn't let myself let all of this distract me. My team needs me to be on my feet, ready to take on anything that we must face. I couldn't put on a facade that makes it seem as I'm ready. No, I had to go in deep and get all of my worries out of my head. We have a goal that must be accomplished.