Chapter 22

Niall's POV :

"You gotta tell me what's going on ,Niall?" Suzie asked me.

She hugged me tighty and her hands moved up and down my back.

Hopefully this is all a dream. Maybe I'll wake up right now and my Lauren would still be with me -as my girlfriend.

"We broke up" I sobbed, my face buried in the crook of her neck.

Suzie might think that I'm a total loser crying over a girl. But Lauren isn't just any girl. She was my girl. But not anymore.

"I know it's kinda stupid to cry. But I can't help it" I told her , as she let go of me.

"It's not stupid. I know you loved her. It's okay to cry" she said sweetly.

"What happened, Niall?" Harry asked me , finally breaking his silence.

"I don't know man. We were fighting a lot for the past few days. She broke up with me this morning and took off for work. She says she's not interested in me anymore" I explained , sniffing my nose.

"That's probably the lamest excuse I've ever heard." Louis spoke and Suzie nodded.

"She never told me anything about this." Suzie told me, staring at the floor. She seemed to be in deep thought.

"She's leaving home in a few days. She's resigning from the company too" I told Suzie and her eyes widened.

"What? Is she crazy? We signed a contract , the four of us. She can't do that." Suzie ranted in frustration.

"She was gonna pay to get out of the contract. She was planning to tell you girls today. The other girls would have known by now" I told her.

"How could she do that? To you? To us?" Suzie's voice broke , she was on the verge of tears.

"Everything's fucked up" Louis said with a grimace.

"I thought she was our best friend. I thought she loved all of us" Suzie said with a low voice.

"It's alright baby. We've still got each other right? " Harry pacified her,pulling her into a hug.

"Yeah, that's right. Come her , Niall" Louis called to me.

I got up from the couch and walked towards Louis, hugging him tightly.

I don't need Lauren. Maybe she wasn't the right person for me after all.

My heart still longs for her, but I'll keep pushing these damn thoughts away until their finally gone.

"Where's Liam? He's missing out a lot of important stuff" Harry asked.

"Uh..He seems to be busy with some stuff I guess. He's like- I'll tell you boys when the time is right whenever I ask him what it is" I replied , immitating Liam's accent.

They all laughed and it felt like the tensed atmosphere had finally dissolved.

"I know what he's upto" Suzie sang , with a huge grin on her face.

"What? Did he tell you?" Louis asked her.

"No" She nodded.

"What is your assumption then? " he asked her , smirking.