09

"knock em dead"

"Marie, you have fifteen minutes to get your ass into that dress" mum warned me while sitting back in her makeup chair, getting pampered by the makeup artist

And I was the one who had to hurry? Girl chill yourself. Mum was bossing me around so much today, panicking herself about all the little things.

She's bossy and panicky when she's stressed out, which isn't good for the people around her. And right now, for me.

I must admit, mum does look insanely beautiful tonight in her elegant black lace dress. It complements her body and golden complexion perfectly.

What is mum getting dolled up for, you ask? Well, I was being practically forced to attend the most important and biggest fashion show which is held in London every year with her.

All the celebrities and models who are important attend this show. I mean, Drake and Ariana Grande were performing tonight including a special mystery guest. How crazy is that?

Mum was attending, like she does every year but this time it was more meaningful and stressful for her.

That being because her line for Topshop was being shown, the seasonal line which wasn't sold in stores and was hella expensive.

She had a lot of money riding on this fashion show segment, and she could only pray it goes well.

I always dodged her offers when she asked me to attend places like this with her, but today she wouldn't allow it. I had to go as her date.

She hit me with the "if you wanna become a model, you've gotta do the modelling part" line and I hate how true that was, I hated that she knew she was right.

This scared me to death, I wasn't like the people who would be there tonight. I wasn't exciting, pretty or famous.

Mum was all those things listed above. Many people and famous faces recognised her and her work in fashion.

She was appreciated and loved within the fashion industry and has even had tea with Karl Lagerfeld! Goals much?

"I'm almost finished, calm down mum" I mumbled standing at the mirror and re-applying my favourite mac lipstick (velvet teddy) onto my lips.

I did my own makeup for tonight because I don't like other people doing my makeup, I have the makeup guru skills so it's all good. I got this.

I walked from the mirror to the front room door where my dress for tonight was hanging on the handle, it was absolutely gorgeous.