twenty one

[marie]

I woke up in the comforts of my own bed, I was tucked in feeling warm and cosy. Then I remembered a certain guy named Justin, his scent was in the air but he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

I sat up in my bed and stretched, I was still dressed in the clothes I fell asleep in. I checked my phone which was discarded by my feet. The time's 4:50pm.

I slept for five freaking hours! Daaaaamn Marie, that wasn't exactly the plan.

I decided to find Justin, he didn't exactly know my family very well. I hurried down the stairs to hear laughing, that's a good sign I guess.

I slipped my head into the living room to see Justin, mum, Jenna and of course Chloe. I didn't see them meet for the first time.. Fuck.

Justin was sitting on the opposite sofa from Jenna and mum, he was bobbing Chloe in his lap whilst talking to them both.

Justin looked seemingly comfortable around them all. This is so weird to see. Nobody I bought home ever felt comfortable around them.

I slipped into the room as if I didn't expect what I saw five minutes before hand, everybody looked over at me. "hey Marie" Justin smiled, then looked back to Chloe who was playing with his hands with her own.

"Your hands are so big and your fingers are so long" Chloe was literally in shock, the difference was definitely crazy.

I sat down next to Justin. Mum and Jenna were watching them both in awe from the opposite sofa. "And yours are so small" Justin said, they both put their hands together and measured the difference.

"That's because I'm small, I'm still a little girl! You're big now!" Chloe chuckled as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, Justin laughed with her and they played whilst me, mum and Jenna talked about..

The Rules

I knew they'd come around to the rules sooner or later, they always do. So here the torture goes..

"Rule number one is, don't get kidnapped or attacked in Cali because I can't save your ass from here" I nodded with a roll of the eyes, how stupid is that rule? I don't plan on getting kidnapped.

It isn't exactly on the to-do list.

"Rule number two.." Mum said, Jenna was by her side holding out two fingers making me and her laugh.

Mum looked at Jenna, seeing she was mocking her and chuckled. "No, stop. I'm being a mature parent for one second"

 I'm being a mature parent for one second"