Chapter Two

Danielle’s POV:

I never realized how thick some accents can be. I also do not have the best hearing so I think I’m pretty much screwed in this new country.

Although, London is a beautiful place.

If I had the money, I would go on tours and try to memorize every inch of this city but I don’t have that option.

I walked out the doors of the airport and heard the sound of my own feet on the pavement. The airport that I was located seemed to be close to deserted. I figured that if I wanted to go somewhere, I would probably have to use the tube or walk there. I’d only been on the subway in Connecticut a few times. I feared that too. Small spaces in the dark with more and more people… Chills ran up and down my spine.

Most people thought I was stuck up. I was just quiet. If I had something to say, then I would say it. I didn’t have too many friends back home. My town was small and full of rich snotty kids that all thought they were above my family and I.

My family consisted of my mother, father, and little sister. Both my mother and father were tall and I somehow got the short end of the stick being that I was hardly above five-foot. My sister was tall and seemed to grow more and more beautiful with each passing day.

I turned right and kept walking with my suitcase, looking for the nearest place to get a cup of coffee or food. Both would be nice. It needed to be cheap though. After I found a place to stay for the night, I planned on finding a job and… Why didn’t I plan this out? I thought, speeding up my pace at the sound of my stomach growling.

I’m not one to be spontaneous. I like well thought out plans, so leaving home like this was foreign to me.

Niall’s POV:

The thud of the door to our plane opening jolted me from my sleep. I looked out the small window and saw that it was dark outside.

“Come on lads,” Paul said calmly. “Grab your things and let’s get on with our couple days off.”

I wiped the sleep from my eyes and stretched out my limbs. I hadn’t slept like that in a very long time.

“How did you sleep, mate?” Liam asked grabbing his duffel bag and handed me my backpack.

“I actually slept pretty well.” I answered thinking back to the many dreams I had and the people I encountered.

“You seemed a little restless at times.” Harry added, running his fingers through his messy hair.

“Yeah, are you alright?” Liam asked me, concern entangled in his low voice. His eyebrows furrowed.

“I’m fine, lads.” I answered, shuffling my backpack on my shoulders and taking the lead in front of them off the plane. I needed some fresh air. I needed that pint.

We all made our way down the stairs of the plane and into separate cars, heading in different directions. Louis asked if I wanted to stay the night at his and Eleanor’s place but I declined. Spending a night on the couch while they did who knows what in their bedroom did not sound like a great night to me. I was happy for them. They had been married for a good two years now, and seemed even more happy and in love than before… but I know that Eleanor, with her keen ability to sense when something was off, would worry about me and eventually try to get me to talk.

I checked the time on my phone. The night was still young. After that nap, I felt wide awake.

“Could you just drop me off here? I’ll walk the rest of the way.” I lied to the driver. “Take the car back to my place and I’ll pay you double next time I see you.”

He unlocked the doors and I stepped out, nodding to him through the tinted windows. He drove off and I turned around and went the opposite way we were headed.

I kept my head low and tried to stay as unseen as possible. There was hardly anyone on the streets; after all it was a Tuesday night. People had work in the morning. But, I didn’t want to be bothered. I wanted to be seen as a normal guy walking on a normal Tuesday night in a normal town.

I shuffled through a group of UNI girls and heard their giggles. Please don’t recognize me, I thought. Please. I heard their heels stop clicking and turn around. I then made a quick left down a dark alley where I know they wouldn’t follow. I leapt up and over a brick wall and saw a small building with a sign that said open. My stomach growled. I didn’t have a single bite while on the plane. I thought, jogging over to the door of the small building.

I bumped into a dark figure. The top of its head barely reached my shoulders.

“Sorry.” It said quietly, reaching for the door handle, attempting to not make eye contact with me. A girl, I thought. Her long hair shined in the streetlights.

“Allow me.” I said opening the door and motioning my hand for her to walk inside ahead of me.

“Thank you.” She said barely above a whisper, a suitcase trailing behind her getting stuck on the door frame for a brief second.

She pulled it free and looked up into my eyes. I held her gaze and noticed the lovely shade of dark green that painted a circle around her pupils. I gave her a small smile and she broke our eye contact, making her way into the heavenly smells that perfumed the room.