Chapter Seventy

Niall’s POV:

I kissed Danielle’s cheek just as the plane landed. I watched her turn on her phone.

I tugged her hand while we walked side-by-side in the airport. She trailed along and I glanced at her from the corner of my eye. The top of her head met my shoulder. Her hair blew in the wind as we passed by people. I was surprised to see that the paps left us alone. I figured they had caught on, but I never made an official announcement. That was between Danielle and I.

We met my mum at my old house. I handed her Danielle’s dress which was sealed away in a plastic covering for only her eyes to see. I hugged her tightly. “I love you, sweetie.” She whispered into my ear.

“I love ya, mum.” I mumbled back.

Danielle’s POV:

Denise handed Niall a turkey sandwich and pushed him out the door. She then told him to leave us alone.

She escorted me to the living room. All of the furniture had been put elsewhere. A woman with sheers stood in front of a large mirror. She sat me down in a chair and brushed through my hair. “What is all of this?” I asked. Everyone had been so quiet since we arrived. I wondered what was going through their minds.

“Not to offend ya, love, but your hair is in desperate need of a trim.” Denise turned on a few lights.

“Cat cut it only a few months ago!” I replied. The woman began examining my hair. I eyed my split ends. Maybe it was in need of a trim…

“Ya don’t have t’ go along, but I figured you might as well! There’s a facial and manicure involved. I want this to be special.” She took a bite of her sandwich.

“Sure! Why not? But just the bad ends; I like the length.” I spoke to the woman who put a pair of scissors to my head. “And I don’t want anything fancy on my nails. Something clean. I don’t mind a facial.” The woman began dowsing my hair with water.

“Perfect! Let me go get my things!” Denise sang. She skipped away. I heard her footsteps upstairs.

“This wasn’t my idea.” Maura whispered to me.

“It’s fine. I don’t mind. I’m sure Denise wants her part.” I smiled.

“How should I dress tomorrow?” Maura eyed herself in the mirror. I watched as bits of my hair fell to the floor.

“However you want.”

“I’m asking for advice. Skirt or dress?”

“I think skirt says more Mother of the Groom.” I tried to keep my head still.

“Is your mum going t’ be there?” She sat on a chair next to me.

“I gave her all of the information. I’m not sure. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.”

Niall’s POV:

I knocked on my dad’s door and was greeted with a hug. “My boy!” He laughed and hugged me even tighter. Even though I wasn’t much of a boy anymore, I had a feeling he would greet me that way; and call me that ‘til the day he died.

“Hiya, dad!” He let me go and ruffled my hair.

“Come in! Sit!” He waved me inside.

-

“Give me some sort of advice.” I blurted. I needed to hear something before tomorrow.

“Hmm…” He stroked his chin and brought a beer to his lips. “She’s always right. No matter what, she’s always right. Never insult her. Be honest with her. Try new things… Anything else, Greg?!” He shouted. Greg appeared out of nowhere.