Chapter Fifteen

Liam’s POV:

I woke up to a dimmed room. My surroundings looked familiar but I couldn’t pin-point exactly where I was. I sat up from lying on my stomach and remembered that I had no clothes on. I knew exactly where I was. I wiped the sleep from my eyes and rubbed the short hairs on my head. I turned to see a dark figure’s back to me. She was putting her clothes back on.

“Dani-“ I started.

“No.” She put her hand out to me. “Is this what you came for? A booty call? Did you plan this?” She raised her eyebrows at me and threw her shirt back on. The hurt was written all over her face.

“No. That wasn’t what I came here for-“

“Then why did you come? We can’t do this. You know we can’t.” She pointed her long index finger at me.

“I came here to talk. I came because I missed you.” I got to my feet and changed.

“What? So this is somehow my fault?” She raised her voice. She was getting way too worked up about this.

“I didn’t say that! But, it takes two. You could have said no.” I snapped at her. We didn’t fight often. But when we did, neither of us held back.

“I can’t believe this.” She huffed and paced back downstairs. I grabbed my jeans and slid them on.

“Hey! Wait!” I quickly pulled my belt tight and shuffled back downstairs. I called her name. I peeked in the kitchen and found she was absent. I swung to my right and there she was, arms crossed, standing by the front door.

“You need to leave.” She stated. I paced towards her. “Now.” Her eyes were cold and her mouth was slightly parted. Something had changed her. Or someone.

“My shoes are upstairs.” I half laughed. Her eyes were now ice. I sunk my head down and opened the front door. I paused to look back at her. Maybe she would change her mind? She kept her eyes straight ahead and didn’t move a muscle. I turned my eyes back to the outside world and shut the door behind me.

The sky was beginning to darken. I had no idea how long I had slept. I let out a sigh as I stepped off the concrete porch. The tiny rocks stuck to my bare feet as I crossed the road.  I wandered back to my parked car and slid in. I wiped my hands on my face. A sleek black car passed by me. It pulled into her driveway and the engine cut. A tall figure slid out and walked up to the door. He knocked and she opened. Her arms flung around his shoulders and his hands met her back. They kissed and he backed her up through the door frame. The door shut behind him.

Danielle’s POV:

I heard the hum of a car engine as I walked back out of the bathroom. I quickly tiptoed down the hall, across the room, and up the stairs. I met Niall between the screens of the door. I pulled my finger up to my face and made an “O” with my mouth. His mouth opened to say something but then closed shut. He raised his eyebrows in questioning. I reached my other finger out as an indication to wait. I leapt back down the stairs at grabbed my things. I found a piece of paper sitting on Cat’s dresser and wrote a quick note saying that I would call her when we landed. I left the lamp on next to her bed so she wouldn’t wake up in complete darkness.

I locked the door behind me as Niall waited patiently. He held out his hands for my suitcase and I gave it to him. He jogged to the car and tapped on the boot. The driver opened it and he slid my luggage in safely. I headed for the car and opened the door to the backseat. I was surprised to find two large men staring back at me.

“You sit in the front.” Niall said as he led me by the small of my back to the passenger side. He opened the door and I slid in.

We finally arrived at the airport. The driver pulled up to the curb and parked. I got out and pulled my shorts down. The air was already beginning to get chilled. Instant goosebumps rose across my skin. The two large men got out and Niall trailed behind them. I quickly grabbed both of our suitcases from the boot and set them on the ground. Niall came back with his backpack on and grasped his suitcase. I gripped mine and we started our decent through the airport.