Chapter Eight

Danielle’s POV:

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror and looked over my outfit. I did look good, I had to admit. But, I didn’t want to look appealing. If I got into something with this guy, I would have to look good all the time. The moments that I looked like a normal human being or was without makeup, would be plastered all over magazines and in news articles everywhere. Maybe I didn’t want to stay in the norm. Maybe there was a part of me deep down, that just wanted to be in some sort of spotlight…

My little sister was the star child of the family. She could sing, dance, act, cook, and clean. Hell… she knew how to perform CPR and First Aid. She was the baby and I was the oddball. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my sister to pieces. I did want some sort of recognition in my family, though. In high school I got straight A’s, I never caused family issues, I did what I was asked, and I took care of myself. I had my own job and everything. One late night, I had a small breakdown and a naughty streak that has never left me…

What did I do? I snuck out of my parents house, (as all teenagers do) went clubbing, drank underage, and got a tattoo. A tattoo. I am deathly afraid of needles but I guess the buzz gave me a different opinion on the subject. To this day, I can’t be in the same room with a needle present and not feel like I’m going to hack up my insides.

But, I never plan on getting rid of that small naughty side of me. I look at it in the mirror and smile every time I see it. I guess me leaving my family and living here is a part of that naughty side as well.

I ran my fingers through the snarls in my hair and laid it down perfectly onto my shoulders and chest. I smiled to myself and smelled my own breath. I began to frown in the mirror as my mind wondered… What if the paparazzi get shots of us? What if I fall in my heels? What if I start my period? What if I spill on myself? What if-

“Danielle?” Cat interrupted my scary thoughts and knocked softly on the bathroom door. “Danielle, your little date is here! He’s waiting outside. You better hurry up before I go out there and take your place!” She teased. I heard her laugh to herself and walk away from the bathroom door.

I walked out and strutted towards her in my heels, hoping my goofiness would wear off by the time I hit her front door. She laughed and told me to lock the door on my way out. I walked up the stairs with my purse over my shoulder and placed my hand on the door knob. I looked out and saw a big black car parked right outside and a boy sitting in the driver’s seat. He seemed to be singing the words to a song and tapped his fingers on the steering wheel while looking every which way. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

“I’m not interested.” I mumbled to myself as a reminder. This was more of a bribe than a date in my eyes. I saw what he was doing… or at least what I thought he was doing. I turned and locked the door behind me. My wedges made a low click on the sidewalk and I stepped towards the car.

Niall’s POV:

I was singing the words to one of my favorite Michael Buble songs as I turned and saw a beautiful girl waltz to the passenger door of my car. I reached to turn down the volume and then unlocked the heavy doors. She opened the door and slid into the seat. I noticed her bare legs and instinct told me to touch them. They looked soft and supple. I refrained my eager fingers and smiled to her instead. I had to win this one over. I could already tell. I knew that my money and status wouldn’t win her. She shut the door and I instantly locked it again.

“I hope you aren’t going to rape me or anything.” She teased. I could tell that last nights’ sleep must have done some good for her. She seemed more upbeat and a little less stressed. She had been so quiet and then blasted her anger out at me. I liked it though. That meant that she had some spice to her.