Chapter Thirty-Three

Cat’s POV:

I quickly slid my sandals on and rushed out the door. I didn’t want to be late. I flung my purse over my shoulder and made fast strides down the sidewalk. I made an immediate stop for Maria who was sitting in her usual spot. She sat and stared blankly at the world around her. My heart broke each and every time I saw her. She deserved a better life. I wished I could do more for her.

I pulled a banana out of my big purse and opened Maria’s hand. I then slid the banana into her wrinkled palm and clasped her fingers around it tight. I smiled sweetly at her but she still didn’t seem to notice me. She was off in her own little world. I started to walk off but she suddenly tugged on my arm. “You look nice.” Her voice was crackly. “Where are you headed?”

“I’ve got a date.” I reached into my wallet and tried to give Maria a twenty. She ignored the bill.

“With who? When will I get to meet him?” She asked.

“He’s cute. I don’t know. We’ll have to see how things go.” I walked back over to her and kissed her on the cheek. “I love you, Maria. I’ll see you later, okay?” I started pacing the other way. I was running late.

Zayn’s POV:

I sat at a tiny table in the corner of the restaurant and kept rearranging everything. I couldn’t decide if the salad should go in the middle or if I should keep it next to me so she could have more room… But what if the salad bowl is next to me and I accidently hit it with my elbow?

“Hi.” Her familiar voice interrupted my thoughts. I stood and helped her into her chair. “Wow, this place is nice.” She eyed the décor and cloth napkins.

“You look nice.” Wow, two seconds into our little date and I’m already flirting. Or, am I being a gentleman and being honest? Because, she really did look nice. Her cheeks were flushed and her hair was windswept. I could smell her shampoo from my seat. She smiled and unwrapped her silverware.

Niall’s POV:

We both piled the groceries on our arms and tried to keep our balance with every step we took. I managed to make it out of that market without anyone noticing who I was. It was refreshing. I fumbled with the key and juggled piles of groceries.

We finally made it inside and stuck all the bags on the ground. Danielle began putting them away while I stood and watched her. “You’re not gonna help?” She acted upset but I knew she really didn’t mind.

She finally finished putting everything where she wanted it and hummed to herself while she worked. “Thanks for your help.” She shut the cabinet and shuffled over towards me. She laced her arms around my neck and gripped at the fine hairs. “When do you have to pick our luggage?” She asked and inched closer to me.

“Later…” I knew more words were trying to come out of my mouth but nothing else was coming. She was getting me off track on purpose. Her hands went from my neck to my torso. I raised an eyebrow at her. I didn’t want to push her into anything. If she gave me the signal, believe me, I wouldn’t stop. I just stood and watched her. I was waiting for her next move. Was she teasing me?

She tugged at the ends of my shirt and brought it up to my shoulders and over my head. I looked down at her. She was smiling. We were still standing near the kitchen. I gripped her hips and lead her back into my bedroom. Her fingertips grazed the tender skin at my back. We hadn’t even begun kissing and my breathing was growing rapid.

I shut the door with my foot. It was getting later into the evening and the sun was almost set. The only light that filtered through the room was from the dark blue glow that gleamed through the bedroom window. We stood in front of my bed; my eyes locked on hers. I couldn’t wait any longer. She could say no if she wanted to. I was sick of waiting for her next move.

I unzipped my old sweatshirt and slid it off of her body. I then reached for the ends of my white t-shirt and pulled it up over her head. Everything was quiet. The only sound to be heard was our breathing. Our lips still weren’t touching and I took this moment to make sure this is what she wanted. I made sure she was still paying attention to me and nodded my head, waiting for her to nod back. She took a moment but once she did, I laid her down gently on my bed. Not once had I had sex with a girl in this flat, let alone this bed.

I kissed her lips for a long time. I wanted to draw this out as long as I could. I knew that soon enough I wouldn’t be able to wait. I then trailed my lips down her neck and rested on her chest and collar bones. Her hands had been lightly scratching my back and pulling at the ends of my hair. She reached down and tugged at the waist of my jeans. I took them off without my lips ever leaving her chest.

I could feel myself getting anxious. My heart was beating faster. I took one hand and reached up underneath her body and unclasped her bra. She took it off and dropped it on the floor. I met my lips with her nipple and felt her hands massage my scalp. God, I loved when people touched my hair.

Every movement was swift.  I wanted to slow down but I couldn’t. I reached for my sweats that were covering her legs and pulled them off of her. I chuckled to myself when I saw that she was wearing a pair of my boxer briefs. But when she caught me staring, Danielle pulled my chin back up to hers. I was even more fidgety when she kept my hands at her sides. I would do anything to please her but I was more than ready. Hell, I’d been ready when I first saw her in that Chinese restaurant. Sure, the experiences wouldn’t be the same, but I was willing to go there. Now I knew that I did the right thing. Chasing her, I meant. If I wouldn’t have kept trying, we wouldn’t have been lying on my bed. I felt her hands glide down my sides and toy with the fabric of my boxer briefs. I told myself to stop thinking and get to work.

I shed myself of the briefs and reached for the ones that were covering her. They were baggy on her because of her frame and the fact that she didn’t have the same anatomy as I did. I teased her. I would slide them down halfway and then bring them right back up again. She bit her lip, a nervous habit, and took them off herself.

I set myself at her entrance and glanced up at her to make sure she was ready. I had no idea if she was a virgin or not. We hadn’t talked about it. I guessed she wasn’t. Only a fool would let her out from under him. But I wanted to treat her almost as if she was. I didn’t want to make her uncomfortable and regret it later.

I let myself in slowly. Her face tightened and her hands gripped at my sides. Quick intakes of breath filled her lungs and I felt her body move beneath me. I pulled out and her shoulders relaxed. I smirked to myself. I loved seeing her naked body beneath me. I thrusted once more and felt her tighten around me. Her fingernails scratched even harder and descended up and down my back.

With each movement, my thrusts sped up. I felt more adrenaline and energy surge through my body. Her nails kept trailing up and down my back and tiny moans escaped from her lips. She wrapped her legs around me as the situation intensified. I was trying to hold back my words but I couldn’t any longer. “Jesus Christ!” I yelled into the quiet. She laughed a loud chuckle but sucked in a breath when I gave a hard thrust.

I felt myself hitting a climax and knew she was right behind. I grunted and groaned during my last few thrusts and felt all of the energy and adrenaline suddenly flood out of my body. I slowly slid out of her center and curled up next to her underneath the sheets. The room was darker now. I could feel her breathing next to me. She was trying to calm herself down. Every bit of effort I had made before was worth it.