Chapter Sixty-Nine

Niall’s POV:

Me: I know it’s early there but only a few more days ! Woo!

Danielle: I can’t sleep without you here. What am I going to do when you’re on tour?! I can’t believe almost everything is planned out. (:

I smiled at my phone and shot her a quick message back. I sipped on my tea which I bought from the airport while a hair and make-up crew surrounded me.

“Who’re ya talkin’ to?” Liam teased from his chair which sat a few feet away from mine.

“Danielle. I can’t believe I woke her up.” I scorned myself. I should have waited to text her.

“She probably can’t sleep, mate. Whenever I was with my Danielle, she would stay up all hours of the night and chat with me. That was one thing I really disliked about being on tour.” Someone brushed my nose with a giant make-up brush. I hated this gunk. At least we usually only wore it for photo shoots.

-

We piled into multiple black SUVs and sped away from the building. Fans quickly lined the streets and screamed our names while we drove past. Girls flashed us outside the windows while car exhaust fogged the air outside. New York was a busy place. It was somewhat magical but way too hectic for my liking. It definitely wasn’t as magical as the nights I spent with Danielle when we curled up in bed, or the late afternoons we spent in Ireland or London.

The producer for our new music video went over a couple scene changes while I texted Danielle and flipped through my gallery. I didn’t know what I would do when I was away on tour.  Well, at least I knew that I would miss her. It would be hard – being away from her.

I pushed aside thoughts of our next tour; even though it was hard to do so, considering that was all the lads seemed to talk about.

-

I handed my menu to the waitress and smiled politely. Another server came in with our drinks. I sipped on my water and hungrily dug into our appetizers.

“Ready to go back home, mate?” Harry asked after he shoved a handful of chips in his mouth.

I nodded my head and chewed. “I’m ready t’ go see Dani and my folks.” I replied.

“How is Maura doing? I haven’t seen her in a while.” Louis added. He just got off the phone with Eleanor. Since he found out she was pregnant, he wouldn’t stop checking up on her.

“She’s good. Good ole’ Maura.” I smiled.

“I’m sure your mum wouldn’t like to be called old!” Zayn laughed. “But I miss seein’ her. Will she be at the wedding?”

“Of course she’ll be there! She is my mum!”

“I do believe we all plan on being there. How should I dress?” Louis asked.

“Formal but not too formal.” I answered.

“That clears things up!” Liam snickered.

“Ya don’t have to be in a suit, but look nice.” I sipped on my water again and eyed our food as it made its way to our large table.

-

I heard a knock at the door of my hotel room. This time, each of us was lucky to have our own room. I didn’t bother looking to see who it was considering the lads showed up whenever during the middle of the night.

I swung the door open. The air was colder out in the hall. I should have put on a shirt before I got up.

I saw her standing in front of me. Her hair was longer than the last time I had seen her. She didn’t have much make-up on. Even though we were just pulling through the last bit of winter, her skin still stayed a silky brown.