Chapter Thirty-Six

Niall’s POV:

I brought her back to my place to drop off her things. She placed her bags into the closet next to the door. “You better not peek. I plan on getting everything ordered and ready before I redecorate. I want it to be like one of those Extreme Home Makeover shows. Did you ever watch those?” I shook my head no. “Well,” She put her hands on her hips. “I should probably be getting back to Cat.” She journeyed over to me. Her sandals clinked on the floor.

“Please?” I pulled her closer to me. She shook her head no. It was worth a try.

I had no idea what I was going to do with my night. We got the night off since we were busy all day. I knew that we would end up recording soon, but there wasn’t a set date. Maybe I would see if Liam was free; maybe Harry. I bet if I tried really hard, I could get Danielle to come out to eat with us somewhere.

We drove back to Cat’s flat and Danielle flew out of the car before I could put it in park. She dashed over to my side and I rolled down the window. She pecked me on the lips but I held her chin to insure that the kiss would be longer than what she had anticipated. “Girl time.” She nodded after we separated. “You know, you can still text me.” She pecked me on the lips once more and I reached for her hand that rested on the car. She jerked it away before I could grasp it. “Nice try!” She shouted from the doorframe after she skipped away from me. Damn, she looked good in those shorts.

I texted Harry quick to see if he was free; I then remembered that he had a party to go to and shot him another text telling him to disregard the last one. I called Liam while I drove back to my flat and asked him. “Hey, ya wanna do somthin’ tonight?”

“If it’s late at night; I mean really late. Midnight sound good? At the usual place?” I heard Andy yelling something at him in the background.

“Yeah, sure. Meet ya there.” I hung up and tossed my cell into the cup holder.

I would ask Zayn if he wanted to do something but I’m sure he planed on doing something at his flat. Maybe getting to know Cat would do some good for him. Him and Perrie were always doing something by themselves and not inviting us. I mean, I didn’t mind. Couples should’ve always had time to be alone. But I couldn’t remember a single event that I attended with both her and Zayn. She never invited me or any of the other lads out to dinner or to a concert. I hoped that Cat would bring Zayn out of his shell. She was so outgoing that maybe Zayn would follow. I don’t know.

I would have also asked Louis if he wanted to do something, but he had already told me how he planned on taking Eleanor out to see part of his family for dinner. I wouldn’t want to rain on their parade.

I had to admit that living the pop star life wasn’t all that great at times. Well, being in that situation wasn’t fun either. I liked to be alone but not all the time. It was just hard to come to terms with reality sometimes. Louis is married. I saw it coming but, Louis is married.We weren’t kids anymore. I was sure that the next serious girl of Liam’s would be his last. Zayn was getting close too. Harry was working on his old ways, and I couldn’t wait for him to find someone.

I wanted to settle down. Not within the next week, but in the near future. Maybe it wasn’t the most gentlemanly thing to do when I looked into a possible friendship with Danielle and turned it into a relationship. But, it is what it is.

Danielle’s POV:

Cat was lying in bed when I descended down the tiny flight of stairs. I tugged off my sandals and jumped on the bed. “Tell me everything and don’t you dare leave one single detail out!” I was so excited. I had to acknowledge Zayn was hot. He had that whole dark and mysterious thing going on that every girl loved.

Catherine turned over onto her back and I slid underneath the blankets. “Well, he’s been texting me all day.” She grinned but I was pretty sure I smiled even more than her. I was beaming. “He took me to a super fancy pizza place and we talked and talked. He was so charming!” I could see her starting to enliven next to me. “Then he paid like a gentleman would and he drove me home in his fancy sports car.” I could tell she was coming to a close.

“Did you kiss?” I stared at the ceiling.

“No. But it was so funny. At the end of the date, he almost got all… self-conscious. He looked down at his hands and was unsure if we would go out on another date. He even asked me if we would. I mean, it was super hot but why would a guy like him have such little confidence?”

“I don’t know.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Okay, my time is up.” She directed her attention towards me.

“Well, we went to the restaurant with you and Dalton and left a little while after. Niall was super drunk so I drove home. I then got him up to his room but on the way, he proceeded to fall and get a huge piece of glass in his arm. I got him inside and tried my best to doctor him up and then I sent him off to bed. I slept on the couch and in next morning he woke up and I slept with him. Then we ate and went to the grocery store. Then we came back and…”

“Yes! Score one for Danielle.” She giggled. I was happy that she was happy for me. I hope she felt the same way about me. “So, are you guys official? I can tell that you have standards.”

“Yeah we are. He kind of did the same thing that Zayn did. He got all nervous and shy when he was trying to figure out what we were. It was weird.”

“Guys are weird.” She said to the ceiling.

“Yeah, they are.”