Chapter Seven

Danielle’s POV:

Catherine dragged me into a store that looked far too expensive for my budget. We looked around for a few minutes and she then shoved me into the fitting rooms along with clothes that I had no say in. She picked them all out.

“Just try them on.” She pleaded through the curtain. I browsed through what hung on the hangers. Everything seemed my size and not too bold or daring. Again, I wasn’t one to take too many chances. The fact that I agreed to this date was already a huge leap for me…. I did want my wardrobe back though.

I sighed back at her through the fabric and tried on a simple dress. It was a medium green with a tight belt that fitted slightly above my waist. It hit my body in all the right places. It accentuated my nonexistent bust and buns, and slimmed my petite frame even more.

“How long are you going to stare at yourself, Danielle?” She teased and peaked through the curtain. “Wow. You look amazing. He’s going to see you in that thing and want to rip it right off of you!” Catherine sassed. “That’s the one.”

“We haven’t even tried on any of the-“

“I know a perfect piece of clothing when I see one.” She cut me off. “Change back into those clothes; we have a little bit more shopping to do.” She ordered. I changed and brought the dress back out of the fitting rooms. She grabbed it right out of my hands and shushed me once I tried to interrupt her actions. She brought it up to the register and paid, then led the way back outside.

She put the bag in my hand and I placed it upon my arm while stepping in sync with her. I was going to pay her back eventually. I had to. I didn’t like people helping me.

We walked past an elderly couple sitting on a bench. They held hands and sat quietly enjoying each other’s company. Not a worry or fret wrinkled on their face. They seemed so peaceful. I smiled at them and they smiled back. The older man took his wife’s hand and put it up to his face. He sat still for a few seconds - almost as if he was relishing the scent of her skin - and kissed her hand lightly. He then set both of their hands into his own lap for safe keeping.

After a couple minutes of walking along the shops, we made our way into a shoe store. The walls were filled end to end with gorgeous shoes. Any shoe for any occasion. Catherine walked immediately to the back of the store and grabbed a pair of wedges. I followed her as she picked through the sizes and I grabbed my own. I tried them on swiftly and used the back aisle as my own runway. She giggled and applauded as I ascended back onto the cushioned bench. I replaced the wedges with my own shoes and put them back into the box. Catherine grabbed for the box.

“Nope.” I sassed. “This one is on me.” She stuck her tongue out and followed me back up to pay. I put the shoes on credit and we both walked back out of the store. I walked towards the right and she grabbed my arm to direct me to go left.

“Home is this way.” She laughed as my feet shuffled into hers. The bags swung at my side all the way back to her place. I’m not quite sure if I’m comfortable enough to call her place ‘home’ but I could see myself calling it that in the future.

Niall’s POV:

I peaked over my menu at Harry only to see him smiling to himself. I glared into my menu. I wish he would tell me her name. Just her bloody name! I looked at him again and he looked right back at me. Maybe he doesn’t know her name. I thought.

Harry wasn’t that type of guy. Deep down, he really wasn’t. He wasn’t the type that lured birds in with his charm, style, and money. But lately, that seemed to be the guy he was turning into... He brought countless girls to a number of parties and hardly ever remembered their names. He would call her something different and she would just giggle like an idiot, the alcohol obviously having its effect on her. He would tell me in the mornings later that he was sorry he was late. His hair would be messed with bed head and a few red lipstick marks would tint and peck his skin here and there. I knew what he was doing. I had been there before.

I missed the old Harry.

The waitress came over and we both read off our orders and smiled politely. She left and I checked my watch.

“Big plans today?” Harry asked.

“Not much.” I sipped on my drink. We sat in silence for what seemed like hours. I tapped my foot on the tile floor.

“Whatever happened to you and Demi?” Harry broke the silence and raised his eyebrows, making complete eye contact with me.

“It jus' didn’t work…” I looked down at my hands resting on the table.

“Yeah, but you really liked her. I could tell.” He said. His voice was deep and low. I hadn’t thought about her for a mere twelve hours. I had forgotten about her whole existence until now.

Harry’s POV:

We exchanged glances and I knew that he didn’t want to talk. I knew him better than I think he gave me credit for. I could tell he was hurt. I could tell since the moment we stepped foot on that plane back in America. He looked back up at me and unconsciously licked his lips.

The waitress then arrived with our food and I checked my phone again before eating everything that was laid down before me. She was a flirtatious one. She would send winks at the end of texts and tease me to no end. I thought back to last night, how her hair was soft as I ran my fingers through it, how her eyelashes fluttered in anticipation of every move I made. She had pleased the sexual desire that burned in me last night, and right now I felt satisfied. But I know that last night was most likely a one night thing.

I took a few chips in my mouth and kept running with my thoughts.

Maybe I would come back for more. I knew her type. If I asked with my hands, she would please me. But, I didn’t really want to go there again. I wanted something real. I wanted someone to tell me ‘no’ or give me a chase. But I had to admit, this one night stuff was so easy.

Niall’s POV:

The salt from his chips clung it his lips as he stared off into space deep in thought. I could always tell when he was thinking. His eyebrows raised at the most random times and he hardly blinked. It was almost as if the blinking was too much and if he did blink, it would bring him back to reality and make him lose his focus.

I bit into my cheeseburger and felt my stomach ease. Food would help get my mind off anything. I sipped my drink again and finished the rest of my food. We both sat in silence and listened to the sound of our own mouths chewing. Harry seemed to be back to normal. He was now occasionally throwing chips at me. I picked them up off the table or my lap and stuffed them in my mouth. More for me.

He tipped the waitress and I paid the bill. We left just around the usual lunch rush and I could feel the eyeballs looking at both Harry and I. We were both relieved when we finally got in his car and drove off. There was the usual traffic but I didn’t mind. Harry hated it and I liked car rides… just not the ones where screaming fans are chasing after the car or hitting the windows. Then I start to get on edge.

He dropped me back off at my flat just in time for me to head back out to my date. I had many plans in store for this adventure. I grabbed my keys and headed back down to my car. I saw my driver walking ahead of me and ran up to him.

“Double.” I said, cramming the money in his hand and putting my wallet back in my pocket. He smiled at me and nodded his head.

“You always keep your word.” He chuckled and headed in the opposite direction.

I got into my car and pulled down the visor in front of me. A receipt fell down into my lap. He must have just put new tires on, I thought. I looked in the mirror and ran my fingers through my hair. Everything about this day felt good. I opened the middle consul and contemplated on the few pairs of sunglasses that had collected. I then grabbed my lucky pair. What made them lucky? On the inside rim, a small white clover contrasted against the thick black plastic. I put them on and drove away.