seventy nine

i didn't even tell yall where audrey lives bc i hate having a specific setting 🙄 we just gon put her in my city 😂
-

audrey

"where the hell are we at?" justin questioned as we got to the overlook of my city.

"mount washington, this is where every prom couples comes to take their pictures

"mount washington, this is where every prom couples comes to take their pictures." i laugh. "but this is my boring ass city."

"it's pretty cool at night." justin shrugs. "what's that fountain?"

"point state park." i answer. "it's bigger up close. usually people swim in it."

"are you serious?"

"only the white people." i say, and he just rolls his eyes. "my uncle once jumped in drink and started splashing people and he got kicked out."

justin started laughing. smirking, i point to the tall building. "that's where my mom used to work."

"upmc?" he looks at me. "is that like a bank or something?"

"it's like a hospital but there's two. there's another that's not too far from here but she worked on the top floor of that tall building." i smile. "i used to go to work with her on bring your child to work day and steal doctors gloves."

"that's adorable." he starts laughing.

"yeah until i saw a needle and freaked the fuck out and knocked over a bunch of antigens that were for patients." i start laughing, remembering that exact day. "i was ten years old."

"your fear of needles must've been bad."

"no, my fear of walking across bridges is bad." i admit. "it just freaks me out. i've walked across a bridge once and i cried."

"you're such a tough person on the outside and such a pussy on the inside."

i hit his arm and he starts laughing and running away. "i didn't mean it, im sorry!"

"justin, stop!" i laugh, running behind him. he started up the hill, realizing it was dark and creepy then stopped. "you don't know your way around, i do."

he just rolls his eyes and walks toward me with his arms open. "it's pretty boring here so do you just wanna go back home?" i ask, and he shakes his head.

"take me to point state park."

"okay, princess." i smirk, and he just groans.

"didn't i tell you not to do that?"

"do what, princess?"

"now it'd be weird if i called you daddy." he spoke while opening the door to avery's car she let us borrow.

"won't bother me, princess." i smirk as i open the driver door, and sitting down. "we're stopping to this ice cream shop."

"this late?"

"yes."

-------

pittsburgh is pretty fucking boring to me but it's my city so i love it 😂