Chapter 11: NYC

Everything was going great, everyone was happy and excited to land in Paris. And all of a sudden, their faces turned from excitement to disappointment.

The flight caption announced cautiously, "all flight attendants and passengers please remain calm, you will get a full refund on your tickets. Due to sudden weather change, we are stopping in Manhattan, New York instead of Paris, France. Again, I am truly sorry for the sudden change of plans. Also, we are in no danger what so ever so please remain calm" And with that, the announcement was concluded. "I guess we aren't going to Paris." Kat looked down. "That's okay, we are going to New York!" I tried to keep her positive. "Yeah! New York is so cool! I'm still pumped!" Cody threw a fist into the air with excitement. I wish everyone had an as enthusiastic reaction as Cody. Most did, thankfully, but Paris, Kat, and Beatrice were thoroughly disappointed.

A half an hour or so later, we landed in Manhattan. Tall buildings lurked over us, surrounding the large airport. It was amazing. We all looked in awe as we descended the plane steps. Even Kat, Paris, and Beatrice were shocked at New York's beauty. Cody gasped, locking Kat in a hug from behind. He buried his grin into her shoulder and locks of hair. Alaina boarded Jaspers back, him laughing and spinning her in circles. Ian shyly slipped his hand into Jessica's, her smiling in return. Beatrice and Malory were nudging each other. "This is amazing!" Todd exclaimed. "It really is! I can't believe we are in New York!" Pheonix squealed.

After spending a few hours in the airport trying to get a refund on our "nonrefundable" tickets, we used some of the cash we got back to rent a hotel room. It was in NYC, a little off from Times Square.

We got to our hotel room and clumsily dumped our bags in a considerably nice room. The walls were trimmed and lined with a silver color, the main color being maroon. The 4 beds our room contained were neatly lining the furthest wall, facing a large television. The bedding sheets and blankets were interesting patterns of black, white, grey and maroon, matching the room perfectly. White lamps were in each corner, the closest wall to the entrance contained a door to the bathroom. The side wall had a box like shape cut out of it which contained a considerably large kitchen for a hotel. We would be staying here for a week and then returning home, as planned.

Pheonix flung herself onto the nearest bed, sighing deeply. "I'm so tired!" Kat joined Paris. "I don't think so." Cody scooped Kat up, softly dropping her on an empty bed and flopping down next to her. She giggled. He wrapped an arm around her and was asleep in seconds. Kat snuggled up next to him and fell asleep shortly after him.

Paris took a seat on the foot of the bed that Pheonix was now sleeping on. "I guess New York isn't as bad as I'd thought it would be." Paris shrugged. "Look, I know you were really excited about going to Paris, but NYC will be just as fun, you will see." I promised her. "Okay." She nodded. Todd and Zack created a blanketed sleeping place in a corner of the walls and fell asleep. Everyone scattered around the room and found comfortable places to sleep. Pretty soon, I was the only one awake.

It was still early in the morning, so I assumed the hotel would have breakfast. I wasn't all that tired, so I decided to go exploring and possibly find some food to bring back for when everyone woke up. I quietly slipped out the door, cautiously making sure I didn't wake anyone. Making my way down a narrow hallway, I found an elevator. My finger pressed the button and soon enough, the doors opened. Stepping in, I selected the lobby floor. The elevator buzzed and jolted downwards, making its way to the bottom. It vibrated calmly as the doors slid open. I exited, finding myself near the hotel entrance. A few people were sitting in chairs near the front doors, flipping through magazines by a dimly lit fireplace. I scanned the area and soon enough, my eyes met with a large table full of breakfast foods of all kinds.
Sweet smells filled my nose as my stomach grumbled. I found a wheeled table I could bring back up to the room and I placed 13 plates neatly on the tray, one for everyone. I selected random foods and scattered them on each plate, filling the plates completely. The last plate, mine. I placed a blueberry muffin, French toast and syrup, scrabbled eggs, and a cinnamon roll upon it.

I wheeled the tray back to our room in no time and stored the foods in our mini fridge. Soon enough, I finished my plate and took care of my trash. The room was scarily silent. I stare at a wall for a few moments, waiting as seconds ticked by. I realized that they weren't waking up anytime soon. Slipping into my new bikini, I went down to the front desk and asked for a towel which was handed to me soon after. I found myself at the pool, soaking in the hot tub for a long time. My hair was in a messy bun from the plane ride there, the warm water relaxing my tired muscles. I could get used to this.