Chapter 48: The End

Once inside, lights flashed, music blared. Everything was perfect. I watched as the disco balls above me swirled slowly. My phone buzzed in my pocket.

I lit up with excitement as I read Cody's message. "Jessica, Kat." I called them over. "Yeah?" Kat smiled. "Everyone else said they decided they wanted to come." I smirked. "Really?" Jessica squealed. "Yeah, their on their way!" I stated, holding up the phone for them to read.

Not too long after, the rest of our friends showed up together. They all entered in a large group, flowing their way through the door as they scanned the crowd for us. Cody's eyes met with Kat's, his face lighting up. "Over there." I heard him announce to the rest of them, nodding to Jessica, Kat and I. Everyone jogged over to us, laughing and cheering as we stepped to the beat of the music.

Time seemed to fly by, moments ticking away effortlessly. Finally, Alejandro and the band entered on stage. I slowed my steps, listening intently as the band played. Everything was how it was meant to be, everyone was happy and having a good time together just like always.

Life is crazy. I learned that even when you aren't looking, you stumble upon extremely special things. I wasn't looking for my friends when I found them, they found me. Not everything would always be perfect like that night, that I know. But I also know that even when it gets rough, nothing will change the fact that we were meant to stumble upon each other. We would be friends through it all, we would make it to the end. The world had wanted us to come together.

With the dancing, the music, the laughter, my friends and I, the world had never seemed so beautiful. And so we danced.

The end.