|0.3|

After spending most of the school day up on the rooftop the sound off teenagers dashing off of campus filled my ears. I sigh knowing that I had to leave campus without being seen coming out of the closed auditorium. I open the exit door and flee down the rusty stairs in hopes to catch Kashari so I won't have to face the walk home alone.

Sliding through the curtains I jump the short drop off of the stage "Jhenea?" Mr Johnson spoke to me "What were you doing back there?" He raises a skeptical brow.

I bit my lip anxiously trying to come up with a quick lie "Mr Johnson, I didn't see you there."I stalled "I actually left my sketch book here from Friday when I was sketching the set for the musical."

He nods "I didn't know you were in musical theater."He raised a brow.

"I'm not!"I blurted out absent mindly. "My art teacher volunteered me at short notice."I fiddled with my fingers hoping he wasn't going to be able to catch me in my lie.

"Alright then."He goes with it. I mentally thank the gods "I'll let you go now. I know you would like to get home"He smiles warmly.

"Yeah" I nod. "Goodbye Mr Johnson."I hurried out of the auditorium leaving Mr Johnson and the awkwardness behind. I sulked through the semi empty halls as I directed myself towards my locker. I hurridly entered the code retrieving my book bag and side bag.

Sliding my side bag across my shoulder I subsequently put my book bag over my back and sliding my arms through the straps.

I jetted out of the main hall in hope to catch up to Kashari. Making my way towards the entry and exit of the school I spotted Kashari with her convict boyfriend Darod and her clique right behind her.

"Hey Jhenea, we waited up fah' you." Jamilla absent mindly smacked her gum. She always seemed to have a piece a gum stuck between her teeth either smacking on it our blowing unnecessary bubbles. I nodded my head towards her as I stood back and awaited Kashari to wrap it up with her boyfriend.

The three of us stood aside as Kashari giggled and laughed at the grip he had on her rear. He occasionally groped her small waist with a smirk. I shook my head seeing my cousin act as if she had no morals or respect for herself. She and I both know my aunt April taught her and raised her to be and do better than that.

"Uh yall"She called out getting our attention. She still stood in Darod's grip as she spoke "I think I'm 'bout to go chill with Darod. Yall straight walkin' on yall own?"Even if we answered no, she'll still end up leaving with her boyfriend so there was no point into rebutting.

"Girl who you foolin'?"Jamilla and Morgan giggles "We straight, and we'a make sho' lil bit' get home safely to." Morgan informed her reffering to me as little bit even though I'm not a year younger than her.

"Alright, thank yall."Kash smiled widely getting in Darod's blacked out Cadillac with silver trimming that sat on 24's.

"And they're off."Jamilla chuckles as we watch the Cadillac zoom off into traffic.

"Yo' cousin is a damn trip."Morgan laughs.

I smile vaguely"I guess, whatever that means"I shrugged as I walked a little bit ahead of them trying to quicken the pace of me getting home.

I trail a little bit ahead of them as they walked behind me. Nothing against them at all, I just really wanted to get home due to the fact that I was already late getting home because talking to Mr Johnson and letting Kashari have her little boyfriend session.

"Damn slow down. We all going tah' da' same place" They were right Morgan and I lived in the same complex while Jamilla lived two blocks down from us. I'm guessing she was going to spend a few hours at Morgan's place.