|0.43|

O M N I S C I E N T

Ximena sat behind her wheel as she looked at John's car that parked in front of hers. She had been debating on whether or not she should go inside, because she knew he'll get all riled up at the fact that she wasn't home before him doing housewife chores.

Taking the keys fully out of the ignition, Ximena gathered her purse and both phones. Stuffing the less expensive burner cell at the bottom of her Birkin bag, she finally stepped out of the car. Her heels scraped against the driveway as she dreadfully sauntered her way to the front door.

She hated her marriage.

She missed how it use to be.

When she could do whatever she pleased, be sufficed with her career and tell her  husband all about it without him judging  her way of life. She hated that he was trying to force her to be something she  wasn't. She wasn't a housewife that catered to her husband hand and foot. Instead she was a hard working woman when she wasn't out being scandalous. She actually took her career serious when she was playing good cop.

Opening the door,  she stood in the foyer hanging up her keys on the key hook. Walking against the crystal porcelain tile floors,  her heels clicked to the sound of her steps.  "John! "She called for him as she was now standing in the sitting room as John called it.

"In here Mena."He leaned against the the  threshold of the opening to the kitchen.

The  look  on  his  face  showed  that  he  was  upset  as  he  downed  the  rest  of  his glass of  Jim  Beam  black  liquor. "My  parents  came  here  today. They  were  expecting  you."He  glanced  up  from  the  rim  of  his  glass  that  his  index  finger  trailed  around.

Ximena  looked  up  at  her  husband before looking  down  at  her  hands. "Patty  did tell me she  was  coming  by, I'm  sorry  John, the  station  needed  me  to  file  through  a few  files  about  a  case  that  we're  handing  over  to  the  FBI. It's  a  bit  hectic down  there ." She  spoke. She  was  actually telling  the  truth, but  the  way  John  was looking  at  her, he  didn't believe an  ounce of  it.

"That  explains  why  you  went  to  the  precinct in heels?"He  raised a brow  questioningly.

"Honey, I  wasn't on  duty, I was just helping out.'

"So you had a choice to stay home?"

"Yes I did."Ximena  clarified. "And I chose to  go pursue my career  like  you  do when  you're flying  to  England  and  China  to  perform  surgeries."

John  looked at her as if she had lost every part of her mind. "My damn career is important! What do you do? Keep street thugs off the streets where they belong? I'm saving lives out here and keeping this household whole. The only day my parents are in town from Manchester to see their daughter in law, you're out filing through fucking folders!"He jeered at Ximena.

Then the argument began.

"You're so damn full of yourself. And your parents aren't that important John, they see me all the damn time. And yes, I filed through each and everyone of those folders because that's what I'm passionate about!" Ximena sneered as her face was beginning to grow heated.

John always had a way to grow her vex. He was always on her back about leaving the police profession to men who could handle it, but he never realized that Ximena was a woman who could handle it. She has gotten thus far as an officer and she wasn't willing to quit because her husband wanted to have a bullshit ass lunch with his parents that asked her the same questions every time, "When are we getting grandkids?"