|0.24|

Omniscient

Luckket sat at his computer looking through all the files he could get his hands on about Anthony. Anthony had become one of his biggest targets since the homicide on Lively Ave in front of the tattoo shop five years ago. Luckket was a persistent man, he and all the logic in him new Anthony had something to do with it.

Looking into the case a bit more, Anthony's name hadn't popped up even once, matter of fact no one's name popped up except for the victim, and a few witnesses. Luckket had a theory, he felt that if he looked at something long enough, he'll be able to crack any code or connect any missing dots, but in ultimate reality, he was just looking at words saved in a file. It had been a total of eight years since that homicide and Anthony has done nothing , but expand throughout New Orleans. That and the fact that everyone knew what he was doing and no one decided to bust him, was slowly killing Luckket.

Reading the case information for the third time in an hour, Luckket sighed. "11:39 PM shots were heard, but police wasn't called until 12 AM."Luckket mumbled as he continued to skim his eyes over the file.

A sudden squeeze on his shoulder ridded his eyes from the screen and onto the person who was now standing behind him. "Still looking at that case Luck?"His partner asked while throwing her hair into a bun. Luckket hadn't wished for a female partner, he actually hated the fact that women were now walking around in uniform period. The presence of his partner annoyed him and he wished that she vanished all the time. "Back from the honeymoon?"He asked in a dry tone as he shut the monitor of his computer off.

She nodded her head, "As much as you want me to talk about it, I'm not, we have better things to talk about like why are you still on this case even after captain ordered you to close it."She folded her arms across her chest looking down at him raising her thin eyebrow.

Luckket looked up at her giving her a slight glare. "Just stay out of my way Ximena."He grumbled at her with an unpleasant scowl spread upon his face.

Chuckling, she found entertainment at making her partner upset. She knew how badly he didn't like her, she also knew how badly ge hated the fact that women were now on the force and he was stuck with a women as a partner. He believed in the traditional life, men do the heavy labor and women should clean up after. Ximena spurned to live that type of life, resulting in her and Luckket to bud heads.

"It's officer Reagan to you."She smirked before walking off.

Ximena, a newly trained officer just started the force three years ago. With her just graduating from the academy in New York, she booted down to New Orleans for safe heaven in hopes to find peace at her second home in New Orleans. Finding peace wasn't the only thing she was trying to find either. Her baggage from her past dragged her down more than anything. Guilt surrounded her and regret plunged down on her.

Riding around New Orleans she seemed as if she had nothing in the world to care about, but her job and her husband at home. Newly married, her life seemed put together in the public eye, no kids, no stress, just her and her husband.

Although her life seemed like a finished puzzle, in the inside she knew she was missing two pieces. Two pieces that meant more to her than life itself. Two pieces that she stupidly let go.

Walking towards her locker, she opened it up grabbing her radio. She attached it to her uniform, before turning it to channel two to see if Luckket and her will be receiving any calls. After shutting her locker back up, she made her way back towards Luckket as her radio screeched with a 1020 alert. "Get your lazy ass up, we have a neighborhood distribution towards Ivy Lane."She informed him as she took down the coordinates of the location. As much as both her and Luckket hated riding with each other, it was evident that they made a good team. They never had heated disputes about getting their jobs done, their hatred for each other transpires from personal opinions that they both can't keep to themselves.